New Shotgun for a Friend

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by Davejohn90, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Davejohn90

Davejohn90 New Member

I have a friend who like me loves to shoot. I've been going to matches with my winchester 1300. I have a tac pistol grip stock on the gun and I love the look and so does he. Now he wants a gun like mine but, we can't find one within his price range. I figured you guy might be able to help.
    Whats he wants:
    Tac options for the gun (Pistol grip stock or pistol grip pump, As well as light lasers and all the bell and whisles)
    Has to be pump action.
    Need removable chokes standard( we can find the chokes as long at they are standard with the gun brand or name brand)
    Perhaps a removable barrel with a length of at least 28 inches(Preferable nonvent barrel he wants a heat shield)
    Needs a smooth good action with ability to speed fire as needed without jaming

And heres the biggest one He has a budget of 500$. If the gun comes with the things listed and is 500 flat that will work he wants these options on his gun whether or not the gun comes with them. So a 250$ gun that we can work in the grips and other stuff will be fine.
  2. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

I believe Mossberg has those type of tactical shotguns for cheap, you can look at budsgunshop.com to get some prices, they sell firearms for real cheap in my opinion. I also think remington makes tactical pistol grips too and Im sure others as well. I never shot a tactical shotgun but just only my regular shotguns. What is shooting a tactical with pistol grip like?
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  3. Davejohn90

Davejohn90 New Member

Well to me the difference is not huge but, your control of your weapon is greatly affected. You go from 2 points of contact (hand on pump forearm on stock) to 3 point of contact ( hand on pump hand on pistol grip and shoulder against butt of gun). It's my belief that with a good tac stock with a pistol grip you have much greater control over your weapon as well as greatly reduced recoil. I used to be only able to shoot my winchester 1300 about 9 time and my shoulder was sore. Now with my ATI pistol grip stock I can shoot all day without a single bit of pain.
  4. bobski

bobski Former Guest

what kind of matches do you go to?
  5. Davejohn90

Davejohn90 New Member

I do rapid fire .22lr iwth my marlin model 60. I do turkey shoot skeet and trap shoots with my winchester model 1300. As soon as i can get my camera up and running again. My model 60 marlin is stock my winchester 1200 has a pistol grip stock and a pistol grip pump. I also have about 3 60-120 year old shot guns all being break action that I use in turkey shoots.