1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

New SKS from J&G

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by Terry G, Apr 6, 2006.

1. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

I have always lucked out on my SKS's I have never needed to bake or strip them I blue the metal and usually switch to a Fiberstock usually a Monte Carlo or Dragunov stock. I have never kept one as a stock piece or any gun for that fact.
  2. On the one I bought recently (also from J&G) I finally got totally disgusted with that !@#$% grenade sight and removed it. I left the screw-on barrel launcher at the end of the barrel because I may drill some holes in it to use it as a compensator. Getting rid of the grenade sight is not terribly difficult, actually, though it involves destroying the sight itself. Here's a link on how to do it.

http://www.surplusrifle.com/sks/grenadesightremoval/hs.asp

When you finish up, nothing is left of the sight but that ugly hinge below the rifle sight that holds the bayonet. I got rid of that (and the bayonet) using a Dremel Tool and mill bastard files. The barrel looks smooth and clean now and the rifle is much lighter.
  3. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

I left the Bayonet lug on my newest one. I am using the ATI bayonet lug mount bi-pod