New suppressor line from ASA: .223 and .308 cans

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms & Related Items' started by sharpie443, Jul 26, 2012.

1. sharpie443

sharpie443 New Member

I don't normally talk about ASA on here unless someone asks me about our econo cans or something but I thought some people on the forum might be interested in this. We are about to launch our new line of suppressors and we went out today to do some testing. I do all the film work and editing so basically I'm showing you what i did at work today.

We tested them on two m-16s, an Ar-10, and my H&R .223 brake action.

We had a DB meter with us and the results were impressive. Hope you like the video.

http://youtu.be/ftqPlzK6Idc
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  2. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

Thank you for the post. I am a simple guy and I wonder about the uses of a suppressor. While it looks neat on James Bond. When would an average guy need to have one?
  3. sharpie443

sharpie443 New Member

Well lots of people use them to shoot on their property and not anger the people living around them. Even with 100 acres of land your neighbors might not like you firing off a lot of ammunition. I hear that People in New Zealand are big on the suppressors for that reasons. They are also good when hunting varmints if your state allows it. You can hit one animal and not scare off the rest. That's why I like them personally.

There is also just the cool factor but considering the cost and time it takes most people will only buy them if they have a reason. Even so lots of people do buy suppressors. They have been villanized by the media and movies confuse people as to how they actually work and what they are capable of. The word "silencer" is a movie term for example. In my opinion they should not be a controlled item.
  4. Maine04657

Maine04657 New Member

The best reason is SAFETY. You can use small caliber and some large caliber arms sans ear protection thus making talking and teaching much safer.
  5. jbrescue

jbrescue New Member

There is a big push to use cans with the 3 gun match circuit as well. This allows for lower noise levels and maybe even draw some new people into the sport to watch or participate.
  6. Maine04657

Maine04657 New Member

You took a meter what where the measurements and where and what distance was the meter from the muzzle and what kind of meter was used?