1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

New Taurus Slim-line

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by patrol, Apr 18, 2009.

1. JBozeman

JBozeman New Member

Just found this thread,

I have a 709 and love it as it is easy to conceal and a joy to shoot unlike a PF9 that kicks like a mule as it so small. My 709 is very accurate and once I got through a problem with a mag, it has been a great addition to my collection.
  2. gmcprsm

gmcprsm New Member

I recently purchased a 709 and have the same accuracy problems indicated in lineofduty's post above. I'm still trying to work it out at the range. One of the things I found disconcerting was the long travel pull of the trigger. The first time I fired it I thought it was malfunctioning. That long pull is something I'll have to get used to.
  3. noslolo

noslolo New Member

Sorry to hear that you've had a hard time with the PT-92, I have a PT-99 (adjustable sights) and it has been a good firearm. The first round trigger pull is a little long for me, but besides that I have had no issues with it. I find that funny since I carry a Kahr (known for long trigger pull). But the PT-99 eats everything that I put in it and it and it is more accurate that I am.
  4. GunsForSale.com

GunsForSale.com New Member

I had a chance to shoot the 740 (.40 S&W version) earlier this week. It was reliable with everything, and reasonably accurate. Although manageable, the recoil was stronger than the 709.

Flatter than a revolver, six rounds of .40, and decent sights. Not a bad package.
  5. cluznar

cluznar Former Guest

By now the Taurus Slim must have the bugs worked out of it... I have wondered about the 9mm myself.