New Taurus Slim-line

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by patrol, Apr 18, 2009.

1. JBozeman

JBozeman New Member

Just found this thread,

I have a 709 and love it as it is easy to conceal and a joy to shoot unlike a PF9 that kicks like a mule as it so small. My 709 is very accurate and once I got through a problem with a mag, it has been a great addition to my collection.
  2. gmcprsm

gmcprsm New Member

I recently purchased a 709 and have the same accuracy problems indicated in lineofduty's post above. I'm still trying to work it out at the range. One of the things I found disconcerting was the long travel pull of the trigger. The first time I fired it I thought it was malfunctioning. That long pull is something I'll have to get used to.
  3. noslolo

noslolo New Member

Sorry to hear that you've had a hard time with the PT-92, I have a PT-99 (adjustable sights) and it has been a good firearm. The first round trigger pull is a little long for me, but besides that I have had no issues with it. I find that funny since I carry a Kahr (known for long trigger pull). But the PT-99 eats everything that I put in it and it and it is more accurate that I am.
  4. GunsForSale.com

GunsForSale.com New Member

I had a chance to shoot the 740 (.40 S&W version) earlier this week. It was reliable with everything, and reasonably accurate. Although manageable, the recoil was stronger than the 709.

Flatter than a revolver, six rounds of .40, and decent sights. Not a bad package.
  5. cluznar

cluznar Former Guest

By now the Taurus Slim must have the bugs worked out of it... I have wondered about the 9mm myself.