1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

New to 357 mag loading need help.

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by eagle eye, Jan 3, 2004.

1. eagle eye

eagle eye New Member

Please help! I just bought a set of dies to reload 357 mag. I don't have any experience loading this cartridge. I normally load 45 colt and acp.

I have some 148gr lswc's, the problem is I only have 3 powders on hand to choose from at the moment. They are Blue dot, h110, and accurate #5.

I also need to know the correct oal for the swc. The only load I have found for 148gr lead is for a wc, with the Blue Dot powder.

I would be shooting these in a ruger sp101 and gp100.

Loading suggestions would be appreciated.
  2. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

I have a manual with load data for all those powders, but it's at work. If I remember, I'll bring it home on Monday and list their load data for you.

I'm just getting started myself in reloading, and I'll be reloading both .38 Spl's and .357 Mag's, but I plan to load the mag's light with Alliant's Bullseye and standard primers using Alliant's data I got from thier website.
  3. eagle eye

eagle eye New Member

Thanks Tony, I'll be looking back in to see what you find. By the way I saw you got an anniversary press from lee. I also use one. Have been for a couple years. No problems, love it.