New to 357 mag loading need help.

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by eagle eye, Jan 3, 2004.

1. eagle eye

eagle eye New Member

Please help! I just bought a set of dies to reload 357 mag. I don't have any experience loading this cartridge. I normally load 45 colt and acp.

I have some 148gr lswc's, the problem is I only have 3 powders on hand to choose from at the moment. They are Blue dot, h110, and accurate #5.

I also need to know the correct oal for the swc. The only load I have found for 148gr lead is for a wc, with the Blue Dot powder.

I would be shooting these in a ruger sp101 and gp100.

Loading suggestions would be appreciated.
  2. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

I have a manual with load data for all those powders, but it's at work. If I remember, I'll bring it home on Monday and list their load data for you.

I'm just getting started myself in reloading, and I'll be reloading both .38 Spl's and .357 Mag's, but I plan to load the mag's light with Alliant's Bullseye and standard primers using Alliant's data I got from thier website.
  3. eagle eye

eagle eye New Member

Thanks Tony, I'll be looking back in to see what you find. By the way I saw you got an anniversary press from lee. I also use one. Have been for a couple years. No problems, love it.