1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

New to bird hunting

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by Firefightercook, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Firefightercook

Firefightercook New Member

Thank you for reading, what would be a inexpensive entry level shotgun to start bird hunting with?? Thank you
  2. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Remington model 870 pump or Remington model 1100 Autoloader Sporting Series. Both are excellent shotguns for long term use.
  3. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step
    you won't find a better all around gun than an 870 i have owned a lot of shotguns in my
    life but have never owned one as solid as the 870 i don't think you can wear them out it is just a great gun but i am a bit biased. You didn't say what type of bird hunting you would be doing.
  4. lonewolf204

lonewolf204 Well-Known Member

870 Wingmaster!
  5. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

yet another vote for 870. except I'm gonna suggest you get the supermag so if you decide you can go up to 3 1/2" later. it will cover you for anything from small upland birds and clay targets all the way to big Canadians
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  6. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

If you want a fun cheap but still quality shotgun then purchase a H&R 12 gauge Single Shot Break Open Shotgun. Just dont shoot 00 buckshot with it unless you have a limbsaver on it. I been shooting them since I was 7 years old. It costs around 150 bucks plus tax when I bought mine. If you want a pump shotgun then yeah go with a Remington but Id check out the Benelli pump shotguns as well