1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

New to Black Powder - Input

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by LurpyGeek, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

The flash hole on some of my flint rifles would unscrew and I could screw in a small nipple. Works the same then.
  2. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

That's one thing I like about my son's CVA we built, it has the wedge, so it's easy to take down, and clean, but my Hopkins Allen Flintlock is pinned, so I USUALLY don't take it down, so it's a lot tougher to clean....

In fact, I USUALLY don't use soap and water on it so I don't ruin the stock, but just get liberal with the "Spitbath" and brushes and patches until it's clean.....

But now that you said it, you just reminded me I could do that to mine...I DO have a drill press, and a tap set...and I have seen those kits down at Friendship...HHhhhmmmmm.....
  3. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

I had a really nice custom built ,full stock Hawken .50 that had wedges. Easy take-down. I think Bob Watts built that one or was it from the Hawken Shop in St Louis.