New to Black Powder - Input

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by LurpyGeek, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

The flash hole on some of my flint rifles would unscrew and I could screw in a small nipple. Works the same then.
  2. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

That's one thing I like about my son's CVA we built, it has the wedge, so it's easy to take down, and clean, but my Hopkins Allen Flintlock is pinned, so I USUALLY don't take it down, so it's a lot tougher to clean....

In fact, I USUALLY don't use soap and water on it so I don't ruin the stock, but just get liberal with the "Spitbath" and brushes and patches until it's clean.....

But now that you said it, you just reminded me I could do that to mine...I DO have a drill press, and a tap set...and I have seen those kits down at Friendship...HHhhhmmmmm.....
  3. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

I had a really nice custom built ,full stock Hawken .50 that had wedges. Easy take-down. I think Bob Watts built that one or was it from the Hawken Shop in St Louis.