1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

New to black powder

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by Rooster Cogburn, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Rooster Cogburn

Rooster Cogburn New Member

Hello all. I got my first 2 black powder pistols this past Christmas. They are the Pietta 1851 .44's from Cabelas. I have never shot black powder before so am looking forward to getting these to the range soon. I bought the brass frames because I only plan on firing these with the 30 rounds you get with the starter kit. I have them in a display temporarily, once they are fired and cleaned, I am gonna finish the display. Smooth out the fabric and secure them so it can be wall mounted.

Here is how they look so far
    [​IMG]
  2. remington1990

remington1990 Member

Those are real nice I looked at a remington 1858 last year but I thought I would rather have another deer gun lol. But those are real nice
  3. ofitg

ofitg New Member

Nice looking display!
  4. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

Very nice. Brass frame revolvers aren't as tough as steel frames but 30 shots will not be a problem. Flitz polish will make those brass frames shine like gold when it comes time to put them away for good.
  5. Rooster Cogburn

Rooster Cogburn New Member

Thanks everyone for the compliments. Flitz polish is on the list for when I'm done. I forgot to mention, I only bought one pistol with the starter kit. Each pistol will only be fired 15 rounds so cleaning shouldn't be too bad. If I like firing BP, the next one I get will be a steel frame for long term durability