New to blackpowder and eager to learn!

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by treardon4, Sep 7, 2009.

1. treardon4

treardon4 New Member

I recently inherited a collection of civil-war era guns (or copies), mostly blackpowder or percussion.

Anxious to learn what I have - research hard to come to conclusions based on the markings, etc. I have posted pictures online in the hope that someone more knowledgeable than me can shed some light on what they see.
    Here's the link:

http://gunstock.novapolysteel.com

I've had a little help already in identifying a Tingle 40 cal. blackpowder handgun from ~~~FFF, but can't quite get a handle on the rest of the items. Any assistance you can provide will be most appreciated.

Looking forward to my time here. Thanks in advance! :)

- Tiff -
  2. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

First, we can help you more if you post pictures.

Repro. civil war revolvers were made in mostly in Italy, and sometime in Spain. They will have proof marks. Original Colts, Remingtons, etc. will not. When I was a kid in the 50's we shot originals. Today, few people do for several reasons, the primary, of which, is that they are too valuable to shoot today.
  3. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Click on the link he provided and look at some very nice pictures.

Pops