1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

new to board

Discussion in 'VMBB General Discussion' started by inplanotx, Mar 8, 2003.

1. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

cricket328
    (11/2/02 8:13:25 am)
    Reply new to board
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi, I am new to this board. I belong to our local VVA as an associate member. I believe that Vietnam Veterans are very special. I am as active in our chapter as I am able. Its the least I can do. I come from a family of military people. My dad and his brother were in the Navy. Now my son and son-in-law are both in the Navy, both out to sea right now. I've had several uncles and cousins who have served in Vietnam. So that is my connection to Vietnam. I have a couple of homepages dedicated to Vietnam Veterans. If you would like to see them, let me know. Take care everyone and

Welcome Home!!

Chris

Mithrandir
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/2/02 8:34:29 am)
    Reply Re: new to board
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello...and welcome....

out..
    Esse Quam Videri

cricket328
    (11/2/02 8:39:30 am)
    Thanks Mith!! I appreciate it!!

Chris

TallTLynn
    *VMBB Staff*
    (11/2/02 10:10:09 am)

Re: new to board
    Nice to meet you. Look forward to hearing more from you.

cricket328
    (11/2/02 10:15:33 am)
    Nice to meet you too!!

SixTGunr
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/2/02 11:20:15 am)
    "Welcome Cricket" .....

You'll se me poppin' in round here occassionally and we certainly hope to see you do the same here.

Would really like to see your pages if you could post some links to them here you can ceratianly count me in as a visitor ...

They call me Six and it's a pleasure to have you with us!

Six Out!

cricket328
    (11/2/02 12:47:53 pm)
    Thanks for the welcome, Six!! Here are my links that I was talking about -

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/2089/west.html

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/2089/vva.html

Hope this works!!

Chris

hope6970
    *VMBB Staff*
    (11/2/02 1:21:56 pm)
    Welcome Cricket, nice to see you here with us. Please feel at home here and will look forward to you posting.

I will be headed to your links.

Hope

cricket328
    (11/2/02 1:55:59 pm)
    Hi Hope!! Thanks for the welcome!! This is a very friendly board and I know I will like it here!!

Chris

SixTGunr
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/2/02 2:06:24 pm)
    Great sites Chris .....

Just took a casual stroll for now and will go back when time allows me to have a better look see. In the meantime I did take the opportunity to sign your guest book and will return.

Once again ... "Welcome" and hope to see you around the board.

Have a great day and a super weekend!

Six

cricket328
    (11/2/02 2:51:20 pm)
    Thanks for the kind words Six!! I have to update my pages. One of these days when I have some free time!! *lol*

You have a great day and weekend too!!

Chris

high2fly
    *Senior Chief Of Staff*
    (11/2/02 3:40:54 pm)
    Welcome Cricket---why do I think of the Kung Fu 'Grasshopper' when I see the name Cricket? Maybe navy minds just work that way--I'm the old Navy Chief folks call Wilborn, Chief, Senior, and sometimes just you Old Dummy. Oh, I know the name Cricket---from the od TV show FATHER KNOWS BEST---the father played by Robert Young used to call his youngest TV daughter, Cricket. There you go---the way those navy minds work. Nuf already---welcome on board---BTW, I'm a Seabee (the Marines baby sitter)--we ride bulldozers or just walk--don't ride the greyhounds, tin cans or those big nuke bird farms---we build things for the Marines. wilborn

cricket328
    (11/2/02 4:13:33 pm)
    Hi Wilborn!! Thanks for the welcome!! My cousins gave me that nickname when I was a little girl. Its kind of stuck with me thru the years!!

Chris

sherry748
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/2/02 11:48:57 pm)
    Hi Chris
    Welcome to the board, it's a great place to hang out.
    I'm gonna go check out your pages now.

Have a great night,

Sherry

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/3/02 12:14:27 am)
    Welcome Chris, happy to have you aboard!

TFF VMBB Email Tac

berto64
    *VMBB Staff*
    (11/3/02 2:06:06 am)
    Howdy,

Glad to see new blood on here. Please feel free to post away.
    WELCOME!

berto64

Endeaver to Persevere

cricket328
    (11/3/02 9:06:13 am)
    Thanks Sherry, Tac, and Berto for the welcome!! This is a great board and I'm glad I found it!!

Chris

Firestorm Productions
    (11/4/02 10:23:55 am)
    welcome.

FYI, I'm one of the few who is not a Vietnam Vet. I am a former Phantom Phixer and now crew Apache choppers for the MO Nat'l Guard.

L8R!

ruffitt
    *VMBB Staff*
    (11/4/02 1:04:49 pm)

cricket328 and Firestorm Productions

? Well then,

!!!!

Aboard our little corner of cyberspace.

Glad to have both of you here. for stopping by.

Y'all be good now, and be sure to ya hear!!!

Cricket - enjoyed your two links, particularly the POW/MIA on John West.

Firestorm Productions - you need not be a vet to join us here - ALL persons of good character are welcome!!!

cricket328
    (11/4/02 4:58:14 pm)
    Thanks Firestorm and ruffitt for the warm welcome!!

ruffitt, I'm glad you like my websites. I enjoy making them!!

Chris

Mithrandir
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/4/02 9:09:46 pm)
    Hey cricket.... you say the nick-name was given to you by your cousins??

May I ask where you are from??

thanks.

out..
    Esse Quam Videri

cricket328
    (11/6/02 6:15:48 am)
    Mith,

I'm from Baltimore, Maryland. My 2 oldest boy cousins gave me this nickname. They were the only ones who called me that.

Chris

Mithrandir
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/6/02 9:58:45 am)
    hey thanks.....

Esse Quam Videri

berto64
    *VMBB Staff*
    (11/6/02 12:57:46 pm)
    Chris,
    Are you a fan of Buddy Holly by any chance?

Buddy Holly & 'The Crickets'

berto

Endeaver to Persevere

cricket328
    (11/6/02 1:17:37 pm)
    I do like Buddy's music!! I'm kind of an Oldies but Goodies kind of girl!! *lol* But I think the name came from 77 Sunset Strip. The show with Connie Francis as Cricket.

Chris

berto64
    *VMBB Staff*
    (11/6/02 2:16:18 pm)
    Cricket,
    You might like this online radio station; www.kdav.com. It broadcast from Buddy Holley Blvd in Lubbock, TX.

berto

Endeaver to Persevere

cricket328
    (11/6/02 3:42:51 pm)
    Reply Berto
    Thats a pretty neat site!! Thanks!!

Chris

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/6/02 4:34:02 pm)
    Re: Berto
    I thought the FED's banned all on-line radio broadcasts
    a week or two ago?
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

hope6970
    *VMBB Staff*
    (11/7/02 12:12:22 am)
    Reply Re: Berto
    JD,

They Did???????...and the reason?????

Hope

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/7/02 1:26:08 am)
    Hope,

Yeah, I'm sure I heard it on the news, the
    stations are no longer allowed to broadcast
    on the net, this is a big bummer!

I haven't been to any in awhile, but it was
    on the news, would be nice if maybe that
    was turned around at the last minute though.

Anyone know for sure, or been to a station
    via the net lately?

TFF VMBB Email Tac

berto64
    *VMBB Staff*
    (11/7/02 2:52:24 am)
    Tac, I'm listening to KDAV as I type this. They also simalcast realtime AM programming. It's the same as what they put on the net.
    The Fed ruling may have been for some internet sites that broadcast explicit language or profanity. I know I've run across a few.

KDAV has access to Tx Tech's music library and archives for their music library. Stuff you don't remember hearing until they play it!

Good stuff, Maynard!

berto
    Endeaver to Persevere

high2fly
    *Senior Chief Of Staff*
    (11/7/02 11:36:55 am)
    Reply Re: Berto
    Bert, who's Maynard? I recall a 33 1/3 record I had a hundred years ago by a trumpet blower named Maynard Ferguson---he blew such high notes his lips would bleed---wonder if that Maynard is still kicking? I never learned to play a single note of music---I can whistle good---does that count as being musically inclined? The bride claims I walk on her toes when we dance--I tell her she is just trying to garner sympathy --for her to stop leading---then she tells me I have as much rythmn as a stick---can it be her caustic remarks are ill-directed? Wilborn

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/7/02 3:53:10 pm)
    Well berto, that is indeed good news to hear, I'll have to
    go get some of the stations back into my favorites then.

Thanks!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

berto64
    *VMBB Staff*
    (11/7/02 10:20:37 pm)
    Chief,
    Maynard is just a name added on for emphasis, been hearing it forever it seems.

berto

Endeaver to Persevere