The Firearms Forum banner

New to BP pistol with a question

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  shvlrydr 
#1 ·
I guess since this is my first post I should introduce myself. My name is Dan and I live in northern Indiana. I have been around guns most of my life but recently was given a black powder pistol and am having a little trouble identifying it. It is a Uberti repo imported by Allen F. A., that much I can find on the frame. I went to the Uberti website and it looks just like the 1849 Colt pocket pistol but on the site it says they are .31 and my barrel is clearly marked .36. Then I saw the Navy pocket at .36 but the website says the barrel is 5 1/2" and mine is 4 1/2. I am attaching a few pics to help out. Does anyone have a clue as to what I have? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

Gun Firearm Line Trigger Tan

Office equipment Office supplies Teal Metal Material property

Teal Metal Turquoise Material property Household hardware

See less See more
#3 ·
Shvlrydr, welcome to the forum. You've stumbled on a great place with lots of helpful people. Hawg knows lots about bp shooting; there are lots of other people who are helpful as well. Everyone is glad to share their knnowledge and help out whatever way they can. This place becomes addicting...be careful!!

#7 ·
here is a couple of pictures of the whole gun, the frame is case hardened steel and the back strap and trigger guard are nickel plated, no brass on this anywhere...actually went out to the range and shot it yesterday, lots of fun for very little money but it does take some time to load.

Gun Firearm White Trigger Gun accessory

Gun Firearm Trigger White Gun accessory

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.