1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

New to Firearm Ownership, Need Advice

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Midnight Raver, Jun 19, 2012.

1. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

i taught my wife with a ruger mk somethig.. good guns.

hold their value well. hold enough ammo that they COULD be used for self defense.. if nothing else was handy.

In a catastrophy / end of civilization situation.. I see a 22lr being a small game gun of choice to own since 1k brik oc ammo is soo small. a 22lr rifle would not be my home defense gun though.. if I had another choice.

now.. a combo gun.. a 22lr/20g that's a POSSIBILITY like a stevens 24 or so eh?
  2. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

I would go with a 12 gauge pump shotgun loaded with 00 buckshot and yes make sure it has a stock on it.

Also install a flashlight on it. You want to make sure you hit your target and hit it fast. Sometimes with a pistol you might miss but most likely with a shotgun its a 99.9% chance if your not blind your going to hit the target. Good luck.
  3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Welcome to The Firearms Forum.
  4. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Welcome to TFF. my .02 on a few of the questions you have had.

Best home defense firearm for most situations would be a 12ga as others have stated also.

I wanted to know, what you defined as sport? If you're looking to just practice and plink at the range, shoot competitions or hunt.

The first gun I will most likely be reaching for is a revolver, nothing at all wrong with a semi-auto, it's just that I prefer the reliability of a revolver.
  5. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Y'all aware this is a zombie thread, from last June, ain'tcha?
  6. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

I figure that approx 90 days isn't too old. I did send him a PM to inquire of what he decided. Maybe he'll pop back in and let us know.
  7. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Good thread to bounce anyway.