new to reloading and looking for a lot of help

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by newguy, Jun 12, 2009.

1. newguy

newguy New Member

I was just given a 20 year old RCBS 4 station reloader as well as many accsesories. I can't find any info on the press to make sure all parts and pieces are there. I am looking for any info i can get. The press has the letters A 5 on it and RCBS and thats it. The thing looks and works like it is brand new. I can barrely wait to get started but do not want to get in over my head.
    newguy
  2. Gene Seward

Gene Seward Member

If you have checked the RCBS website for a schematic and not found one the next step is to call them. They will be more than happy to send you one. Good Luck.
  3. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

newguy:

Reloading is not hard IF YOU FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS LISTED IN ANY RELOADING MANUAL.

Your first step is to get a couple of reloading manuals and read the "How To" and "Why" sections multiple times until you understand all the principals and processes. Resist using others as your sole source of reloading instructions as may "Old Hands" bend the rules and could lead you down the wrong and dangerous path. There is more than one person that comes to this site that will confirm that!

The Hornady Reloading Manual is good as it explains how cartridge systems for guns work with good illustrations. The Speer manual is good as is the Lyman manual. You can never have too many reloading manuals and you can NEVER read them too much either. If you have to learn by seeing then there are DVD's that you can buy that also explain the processes but you need the manuals for load recipes.

Good luck and after you have educated yourself with the manuals, please feel free to come back here and ask questions. I and others here love to help IF the newby has taken the effort to read the manuals.

LDBennett
  4. newguy

newguy New Member

Thanks. I am very willing to read and educate myself and will look into the two manuals you mentioned.
  5. Lotsdragon

Lotsdragon New Member

+1 for LD what he said, my only advice at this point is watch your wallet, its addictive as all get out...................