1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

new to reloading, tried my first rounds

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by teddybaham, May 8, 2009.

1. teddybaham

teddybaham New Member

well some of you may recognize my name as i have posted a few ?s and comments. i have loaded and reloaded a couple of rounds to try try to work up an accurate load in a few of my rifles. i havent shot these yet but i did load 100 rounds of 30-30. i went with a conservative 29.8 grains of IMR 3031. with a 150 gr. round nosed remington bullet. i took my wife to shoot some skeet yesterday at the lease. i had set a trap near one of my deer stands and had a yound 200lb boar inside. a perfect target to try my new rounds. he dropped with out a flinch. i later shot about 40 or so rounds to get a feel for them. i was impressed, nothing blew up and no sighns of excessive pressure. i later found the bullet that entered between the eyes and ladged between the skin and the meat in the sternum area. so good penetration also. i think ill stick with this recipie as it a great 100 yard and under gun i wont worry with accuracy and such as these were pretty good for iron sights. wife did well also. i bought her a mint rem 1100 20ga. for xmas and she loves it.
    sorry no pics
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Hey teddy, sounds like you are on your way with the reloading bug. Good job.
  3. teddybaham

teddybaham New Member