New to the forum/New .22lr rifle

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by dukdogtx, Nov 21, 2010.

1. dukdogtx

dukdogtx New Member

After 30yrs, I've finally decided to bite the bullet (no pun), and buy myself a new toy for plinking and hunting a few squirrels. After lurking TFF I finally decided on a .22lr. The rifle I purchased is the Savage Mark II BV .22lr, with a Nikon ProStaff 3x9 scope. This little plinker is a sweet shooter!!! I'm not a good shot at all (1-1.25" groups of 5 @50yds), but had a blast today shooting with my brother. Kinda makes you feel like a kid again!!!
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  2. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

Savage makes a great .22 rifle. That new trigger is a great invention.
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Welcome! inch to inch and a quarter at 50 is pretty good for a $200 walmart special. What ammo you shoot thru it?

Hey, I noticed your location... Im up in the burleson area, we have an annual TFF Texas get together down in west at the KOA kampground, myself and about a half dozen other members and their families get together for food folks and of course range time. you oughtta keep an eye on the off topic forum round spring time. We'll post when were gonna try n gather. Theres always room for one more;)

Congrats on the new toy!
  4. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

It's hard to beat a Savage for the money, centerfire or rimfire. 22's are alot of fun....took one of my 10/22's out today, among other guns.
  5. dukdogtx

dukdogtx New Member

JLA,
    If you're talking about West,TX outside of Waco, I know it well. Czech Stop for kolaches, and spring time flyfishing the Brazos for smallies, Kentucky spotted, and Black bass, below Lake Whitney. Can't beat 'em
  6. 22shot

22shot New Member

Know what you mean.

This is a good site; Welcome!
  7. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Welcome to The Firearms Forum.

That Savage should serve you well for years.
  8. Kent Detective

Kent Detective New Member

Talk about rubbing salt into the wound! :eek:

Us chaps in England have to jump through many hoops just to get a firearms certificate. Almost any transgression will result in an instant revocation! :eek:

Just kidding... :D:D:D

Enjoy your new found love and above all STAY SAFE.
  9. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    welcome to the forum,yes the more you shoot the younger you get,im 59 going on 58.enjoy that 22. old semperfi
  10. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

I feel for the Brits...can fight anywhere in the world and be subject to BS laws in the motherland...Sucks
  11. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

You and woolley would get along nicely. Hes an avid fly fisher and lives in waco. And i love the czech stop. best damn bread in texas. I use the seeded rye to make the best reubens i have ever made...
  12. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

Between the school shootings in England and the IRA blowing heck out of everything, England had to go all Draconic.

With Ireland's current political instability, at least they are fighting with words instead of physical actions :)

That being said, England should be glad there isn't another Hitler around, because any army could walk right over England at this time with little resistance. The populace is disarmed and they rely on the USA as backup to keep them safe.

They are also made safe by position, the rest of Europe pretty much has to fall before England becomes a major target of opportunity. So by the time the Hordes get to England, I imagine a few laws might get repealed.
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  13. Kent Detective

Some things here are correct but the thing about ANY army being able to march into England is not correct and shows a blatant dis-regard of the real facts.

The UK is the world's number 3 in terms of the size of our defence budget. Our budget is about 40 Billion USD whereas you guys are spending 10 times that sum. We may not have the numbers anymore but we still have some pretty good upto date equipment. The British are also still the world's 5th largest exporter of defence products.

Also something else needs to be taken into account -

The BRITS are a true warrior race. Give our soldiers the right kit and there is nothing more fierce than a British soldier. Pity that our armed forces doesn't have enough swinging dicks anymore. Put that down to the traitors that run our country.

Florida is 3 times larger than the whole of the UK! :eek: For such a small island people we are far stronger than mere size should dictate. Remember we ruled the world not so long ago and our language is still NO1 in the world today. You guys speak ENGLISH we don't speak American. :(

As far as the IRA are concerned without USA money they would have been defeated years ago. The British Army were forced to fight a guerilla army with their hands tied behind their backs. We should have allowed them to use the same rotten tactics employed by their enemy.

Although we are close friends with the USA I would say it's very arrogant of you to say that we rely upon YOUR protection in this way. In fact we rely upon NATO protection not just the USA.

finally have you noticed how it is always the ENGLISH speaking countries of the world who stand up against terror? Other countries stand idly by while our brave and gallant lads give their lives for everyone the protection of the majority. It's always been the same just have a look at history. q

The reason we have such idiotic gun laws is that since the second world war this land has been run by Anti-British pacifist, traitor politicians and parties. Guns to these morons is a dirty word. Our (failed) idea of democracy goes like this -

Labour, Conservative, Liberal, Lab, Lab, Lab, Con, Con, Con, Lib, Con, Lab, Condem! :eek:

But it's better than your version of democracy which goes like this -

Rep, Dem, Rep, Dem, Rep, Dem, Dem, Rep, Rep, ..........

At least we have 3 (useless anti-British) main parties, you poor guys only have 2! :eek:

English speaking Christian countries of the world (USA, Brits, Aussies, NZ, Canada, etc..) need to stick closely together in order to defeat the REAL enemy - ISLAM!

That all said. I know where you are coming from and wish you well. ;)
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  14. Road America

Road America Member

Well said and a good post, Kent D. The U.S. and the UK are friends, and friends can and do rely on each other.
  15. Kent Detective

We are THE SAME - White (mainly) Christian democratic people who share the SAME culture and values. If you go back in your family history it's highly likely that if you have a degree of British blood. I include all white north European countries here as we all share the same culture.

Even today our gallant warrior sons are fighting together in far off places. You guys have lost nearly 5,000 men in Iraq and nearly 1,500 in Afghanistan already! Shocking numbers and I salute each and every fallen brave lion. We too have had losses (currently number 2 in terms of numbers) - 179 in Iraq and nearly 350 in Afghanistan. Work out the size of our forces and you will see we are making a fair contribution. Pity that others stand by idly while our soldiers give their lives so freely. The Germans, Spanish, Italian's and French should hang their heads in utter shame. Most of the real fighting has been left to -

1. USA
    2. British
    3. Canadians.

Plenty of black Christian serviceman have given their lives for freedom too and their sacrifice should NEVER be forgotten either.

We are truly brothers in arms and always will be...
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2010