New to the Forum

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by apache36, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Welcome Apache

I'm with Bunny on this one...Discuss anything of interest that you like.

Crpdeth
  2. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

An XS 650? What year?

Year-round Harley here.
  3. bunnyhunter12

bunnyhunter12 New Member

Delta,
    yup, a 1980 Yamaha XS650 Special. She's black and bone-stock except for a set of MAC high flow mufflers. AND she's back, all fixed up and ready to take me to work in the morning so I can give mom her stupid car back (Got to love having mom close by so I can borrow her stupid car when I need it though, I'd just rather ride than drive).
  4. apache36

apache36 New Member

i have a 2005 HD FXST-I, softail standard for those of you how don't know the HD badging...;) . she's prety far from stock at this point with a WCC front fender, V&H pipes, Custom made liscense plate bracket w/ a 31 ford tail light, and a long list of other things that i've done. all of the work has been done by me with the exception of the custom paint. now back on topic i would like to thank all of you for the advise on the CCW choices, i think i'm leaning to either the taurus or the S&W, but we'll see what happens.
  5. apache36

apache36 New Member

just talked to a guy at work who is selling a XD45 to me for $400 only had 100 rnds through it. he said he's just got too many toys to shoot. sounds like a prety decent deal to me.
  6. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

Cool. Friend of mine had a '81 xs 650 he kept running like a pony.

I'm a Dyna guy myself...could live on a Wide Glide...but have a sweet spot for Sportsters since forever. My newest toy is a XL 1200N black-on-black; minor mods, two up etc. A friend of mine called me beginning of this year to tell me to come see something new. She called it a Nightster, said it was the first one delivered to SC. I took one look and wrote her a check. Next mods are an open airbox then a set of loud pipes...maybe some good 'ol panty-droppers....lol Anyway, almost too much fun to be legal:D

XD45 for $400 is a square deal, I say. I think you'll have that peice a long time. One of my coworkers picked his up in March and lately it's the only one he brings out to shoot.
  7. bunnyhunter12

bunnyhunter12 New Member

Very nice Delta, the guys at work have started calling me the Black Knight because everything is black when I ride, the bike, the clothes, everything (except the chrome ;) ).

Maybe we should start a new motorcycle thread and leave this one to Apache's original question. Think I'm going to do that right now.
  8. apache36

apache36 New Member

nothing wrong with a little thread drift.
  9. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Heck, "Drifting" is child's play, go for the full Monty...a HIJACK!:p :D :D :D