New to the Forum

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by apache36, Jul 7, 2007.

1. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

Okay, Scouts Out! then lol

Springer XD is easy to get hooked on. They also come with plenty accessories. If you look around, ya may still find some with the coupon that lets you buy factory stuff at 50% discount (mags, holsters etc).

Those Taurus pistols Pat was talking about are certainly worth looking at for CCW.

Don't rule out Ruger if you haven't checked some out already.

At any rate, when on a budget, do your leg work. A few months ago, literally a few minutes after I just bought a new 1911, I saw a prestine Colt Commander sitting on a shelf going for consignment at like $700 and the dealer said he could probably talk the owner down if I'd wait.
  2. deinonychus75

deinonychus75 New Member

I've got 150+ rounds through my PT145 and so far it has functioned beautifully. I realize that's no where near a lot of rounds, just saying, so far it's been fine and I really like mine. Besides, if you read enough experiences, you'll find stories about failures and malfunctions from just about all makes and models, even the expensive ones. You know one pistol I've always thought would be totally sweet to own? A Colt Defender. Excellent size, concealability, features and caliber, but I don't think the price exactly fits under the "inexpensive" category. :) Sure seems nice and I've heard pretty much nothing but good stuff about them, too.
  3. travihanson

travihanson New Member

4. bunnyhunter12

bunnyhunter12 New Member

Okay, got to get WAY off topic here, but we all have interests beyond firearms right? :eek: :D

Apache, what do you ride? I'm currently prospecting with the RELIC RIDERS, from what I see on the Doof Clenas site they're much the same deal, we're just a bunch of guys who like to ride bikes and have a good time with the guys without all the 1% stuff.

I blew the stator in my 650 Special this week so I'm now four wheeling it until I get it fixed.:mad:
  5. WarSteed

WarSteed New Member

Nice to see a scout aboard! I was attached to our scouts and mortars all the time when my EFMB was sewn on.
  6. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Welcome Apache

I'm with Bunny on this one...Discuss anything of interest that you like.

Crpdeth
  7. delta13soultaker

An XS 650? What year?

Year-round Harley here.
  8. bunnyhunter12

bunnyhunter12 New Member

Delta,
    yup, a 1980 Yamaha XS650 Special. She's black and bone-stock except for a set of MAC high flow mufflers. AND she's back, all fixed up and ready to take me to work in the morning so I can give mom her stupid car back (Got to love having mom close by so I can borrow her stupid car when I need it though, I'd just rather ride than drive).
  9. apache36

apache36 New Member

i have a 2005 HD FXST-I, softail standard for those of you how don't know the HD badging...;) . she's prety far from stock at this point with a WCC front fender, V&H pipes, Custom made liscense plate bracket w/ a 31 ford tail light, and a long list of other things that i've done. all of the work has been done by me with the exception of the custom paint. now back on topic i would like to thank all of you for the advise on the CCW choices, i think i'm leaning to either the taurus or the S&W, but we'll see what happens.
  10. apache36

apache36 New Member

just talked to a guy at work who is selling a XD45 to me for $400 only had 100 rnds through it. he said he's just got too many toys to shoot. sounds like a prety decent deal to me.
  11. delta13soultaker

Cool. Friend of mine had a '81 xs 650 he kept running like a pony.

I'm a Dyna guy myself...could live on a Wide Glide...but have a sweet spot for Sportsters since forever. My newest toy is a XL 1200N black-on-black; minor mods, two up etc. A friend of mine called me beginning of this year to tell me to come see something new. She called it a Nightster, said it was the first one delivered to SC. I took one look and wrote her a check. Next mods are an open airbox then a set of loud pipes...maybe some good 'ol panty-droppers....lol Anyway, almost too much fun to be legal:D

XD45 for $400 is a square deal, I say. I think you'll have that peice a long time. One of my coworkers picked his up in March and lately it's the only one he brings out to shoot.
  12. bunnyhunter12

bunnyhunter12 New Member

Very nice Delta, the guys at work have started calling me the Black Knight because everything is black when I ride, the bike, the clothes, everything (except the chrome ;) ).

Maybe we should start a new motorcycle thread and leave this one to Apache's original question. Think I'm going to do that right now.
  13. apache36

apache36 New Member

nothing wrong with a little thread drift.
  14. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Heck, "Drifting" is child's play, go for the full Monty...a HIJACK!:p :D :D :D