New to this forum

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Wyliewalsh, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Wyliewalsh

Wyliewalsh New Member

I got this gun from my uncle that passed away its a charter arms
    Stratford mass undercover .32 it takes 32 longs serial number is 551858
    Can anyone tell me what year it is and how much it is worth thanks

Attached Files:

2. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

Can't help with the info you request but I will say welcome to TFF. One of the resident know it alls will be along soon.
  3. Wyliewalsh

Wyliewalsh New Member

Lol thanks
  4. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

Here's what I could find: Stratford CONN address - ~316000 to ~1,090,000 1974 - ~1991 . So probably late '70's to early '80's.
  5. Wyliewalsh

Wyliewalsh New Member

Great thanks any idea what it's worth thanks
  6. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

Probably not much. If you want an honest assessment take it to a few pawn shops and see what the avg. offer is, then add 50%. That said, if the gun was used in a presidential assassination or something of equal historical interest, it could be worth several hundred thousand dollars. ;)
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  7. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Those guns are not bad, but they were designed as a low cost alternative to top quality revolvers, and so were sold at low prices which naturally means lower resale values. In top condition (like new), they will bring around $200 retail. I can't tell for sure the condition of that gun, but it appears to be lightly rusted, so its value would be considerably less. (Unless, as GunnyGene says, it was used by some noted or notorious character, but I assume that would have been mentioned by the original poster.)

Jim
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  8. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Wyliewalsh, welcome to the forum from across the pond. You've found a great place to be. There are lots of knowledgable people here who just love to help others out. People here are friendly, like a good laugh and a great discussion. Enjoy the forum.
  9. HossFly

HossFly New Member

Always love to hear about a loved one passing away leaving a firearm to a relative & all they want to know is "How much is it worth" :bleh:
  10. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

I think your gun was called the "Undercoverette" by Charter Arms. It was the .32 version of the "Undercover" snub gun that Charter sold in the 1970's & 1980's.

As mentioned, these were decent revolvers made for buyers who wanted an American-made gun but didn't need a S&W or Colt.

Value? If you plan on selling, I'd clean up the gun and take any offer over $100. Hope this helps.