new toy

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by gun-nut, Feb 25, 2012.

1. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

i just picked up a stevens 12 ga single model 94c. $100.00 out the door. Its in good shape. I will post picks up latter tonite.:)
  2. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

Here is the pick. I broke it down just so i could take a pick that would fit.

Attached Files:

3. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

Thats a nice looking single
  4. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

Thanks joncutt87. It has no serial # so i not shure when it was made but its tight to close and its in good shape. If i had to put a % on it i would give it 90%. It looks like it has sat most of its life and not used much.
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  5. jyantkilr

jyantkilr Former Guest

Cool weapon, I like simplicity. I have only a 311e 12 ga. for a shotgun.

I figure if I can't kill it with that, I'm dead anyway. heh heh
  6. bntyhntr6975

bntyhntr6975 Member

Look on the flat area on the receiver (under your chamber). There will be markings there that will indicate when it was made, at least from 1949 and on. A circle, a few letters, etc. Serial numbers weren't required till 68 or 69, and only a few used them until then. I wouldn't say you made a steal of a deal, but you didn't get ripped off, in that condition. Most of the singles you find of Stevens/Savage were never worth much of a price, but they were very good, reliable, and dependable shotguns. Can't go wrong with them in my opinion.
  7. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

All i find is the markings 7 O B with 2 arrows
  8. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Active Member

I have an H&R 20 gauge single shot.It was $119.00 NIB.It's great fun for $5 a box for ammo.A friend bought one of those orange clay piegion launchers at Wally world.It's alot of fun shooting those or just blasting stuff lying around the desert and sending it flying.I wish I had a great hunting story to tell but it's just a toy for kicks.