1. Guest

Guest Guest

Shootist3006
    (11/23/02 1:13:25 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All New toy
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

better picture

Semper Fi

Edited by: Shootist3006 at: 11/24/02 11:13:18 pm

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (11/23/02 7:58:17 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: New toy
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fun gun. Hope you enjoy it.

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/24/02 11:20:20 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: New toy
    Nice

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/25/02 8:10:33 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: New toy
    Nice repro Remington!

skratch
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/27/02 7:55:05 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Nice Shooter!
    Very nice! Be sure not to support the barrel by holding anywhere in front of the cylinder, a multiple discharge could be painfull. It's best to support the rifle by holding the off hand under the trigger guard out of harms way.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/28/02 8:04:29 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Nice Shooter!

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/28/02 12:12:09 pm)
    Hey - that's somtin', John!

Looks like you've found your new antelope gun for next fall!!
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

Shootist3006
    (12/2/02 2:16:11 am)
    First trip to the range - BUMMER
    At 50 yards, it shoots about 2 feet right!!!!
    Wrong size screwdriver to loosen the front sight so it is back home, waiting for me to get the sight drifted over.

Semper Fi

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/2/02 10:05:44 am)
    WOW, that really sux... however knowing little about them, I do know alot goes into your load.

Better luck next time... I'm sure it will be fine.

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

Shootist3006
    (12/4/02 1:14:33 am)
    Doing some thinking about this, I see 4 possible courses of action:

Send it back to Cabelas - don't really want to do this, had a three month wait just to get this one
    Change the bullet style from ball to conical, remember reading that this 'sometimes' helps. Would hate to end up needing to find conicals to shoot though
    Get the barrel recrowned, may do this but won't that mess up any chance to send it back?
    Drift the front sight over - BUT the amount of drift to correct a 2 1/2 foot error @ 50 yards is a LOT of drift.

Any thoughts?

Semper Fi

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/4/02 2:26:27 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Nice Shooter!
    Does the front site appear to be off center just eyeballing it?

ruffitt
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/4/02 4:38:04 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: New toy
    From the pic, it looks like the rear sight is the plain "V" notch dove tail type. If so, the drifting of the front sight can be combined with a drift of the rear sight. Drifting both will lessen the the burden of drifting just the front sight. Also, once you get the sight combination set up to your satisfaction, don't forget to use a center punch to peen them in position.