New used S&W 642-2

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by K75RT, Jan 31, 2011.

1. K75RT

K75RT New Member

:DWent to pick up my new Keystone Sporting Arms .22 single shot bolt action pistol at my transfer FFL and stopped in an old haunt that has been sold more times than I can remember. Years ago it was THE GUNSHOP, since then things have changed and it has been held by several folks over the past few years. I stopped in on a whim as I've gotten a couple of very good buys from the past owners. My youngest brothers old girlfriend and husband turned me on to a couple of Ruger MkII pistols, I got a standard and an 50 Year Anniversary Model for $150 each....anyhow I walked in and was looking at some nice used RCBS dies at very reasonable prices when I spotted the S&W 642-2 as new in box for $175.95, I asked to see it and told the man I was interested and wanted to see the box and accessories.. It's all there and in sweet shape....I'm glad I stopped!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

DDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!
    Wow, just wow. I though 300.00 was a steal. Well you took the prize on that one.
  3. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

i carry one on occasion. i bought it used off a friend and gave 405.00. i got burned but it was my own fault i've seen new ones for 329 at a local gun store. guess i paid extra so i didnt have to go through a nics check

good little gun though... mines accurate enough to hit a man sized target at 75 yards
  4. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

you cant find prices like that in Indiana
  5. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

keens depot in bardstown is the ones advertising them from 329, if you ever get down this way fleetwood
  6. K75RT

K75RT New Member

Just ordered a Crimson Trace for it, had to at this price!
  7. Gun Gal 53

Gun Gal 53 New Member

Fleetwood, I love the Taco Cat....What is it's name....I have a bunch of Weirner dogs ,, but that takes the .......taco....LOL
  8. noslolo

noslolo New Member

Wow that is a great price! I would go without heat for a month to get that kind of deal, and it's plenty cold here in the PA Luarel Highlands right now!
  9. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

my wife found some website with photo shopped cats and some are just too funny.