New user from Norway

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by pulver, Feb 27, 2011.

1. pulver

pulver New Member

2. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Welcome Stig!

I don't speak/read Norwegian, and I hope you can understand/read English.

Your list shows many Remmington choices. You are wasting your time with any of them.

What are you trying for? Dependability? Accuracy?

.22 ammo shoots differently in a given firearm. No two match up the same. It's a noble cause you have chosen. But in the end, you will find out what shoots best in your rifle.

I know this may sound confusing and I'm sorry. Can you help narrow it down a bit? What are you trying to do?

Welcome to TFF!:D
  3. pulver

pulver New Member

Hello Bobitis.
    I do understand a bit English..but not mutch.
    I trying to find som amo that I can use in my Fun Gun that is dependability and Accuracy.
    I whil also cronografe all amo so people can see if the amo is loadet right. If you know what I mean? CCI H W cronograf too 1459 fps,1462 fps,1442 fps,1470 fps and 1455 fps. This is an differens in 28 fps an its alot different. This is just an exampel,and I have not done it yet whit CCI. Do you see what I mean now:)?
  4. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Better my friend. Thank you.

Your rifle will have its preffered ammo. No .22s are the same.
    It sounds odd, but its the truth. Your rifle may like one brand, and mine won't. At that rate, your rifle may not care for a different lot number from the same manufacturer.:(

22s are the oddity of firearms. There are no rules. Your rifle likes it or it doesn't.

I wish I could be more help, but the .22 round is 'unique'.

You have a fine rifle there. The fun is in finding what it likes!
  5. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

Welcome...

22s are fun to shoot. I have a Remington 597 and I am still trying to find the best ammo for mine.
  6. William Harper

William Harper New Member

Welcome Norway!
    Dear Pulver:
    You have collected a good assortment of .22LR loads to try in your fine rifle. I have had good luck with Lapua, Federal Automatch, and Aguila Golden Eagle Match Rifle. Aguila is an innovative Mexican firm that has loaded, I believe for Eley. The Aguila Interceptor at 1470 fps is a well-shaped 40 grain bullet with a small meplat quite accurate in my CZ Lux and CZ Ultra Lux rifles with effectiveness and accuracy to 300 meters. It can have remarkable reach beyond that on targets. You might find Aguila Interceptor very useful in Norway's wide spaces. I am interested in how it may shoot in your rifle and in how your other loads shoot as well. Take care and aim straight!
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  7. artabr

artabr New Member

Welcome, Stig.

You have quite a list of ammo.
    A couple of others that you may want to try are:
    SK Jagd Match (SK Jagd's parent company is Nammo, same as Lapua.)
    http://www.lapua-gmbh.de/

This is 5 shots @ 25 yards using iron sights from a brand new CZ 452 2E ZKM (Trainer). Group size is 0.146". This was the first day that the gun had ever been shot, outside of the factory.
    The ammo is SK Jagd Match, 40 gr. Solid.

[​IMG]

Also, if you can find any, Federal Gold Medal Match 40.gr solid (#900). I believe this round has been discontinued. Great shooting round.

Art
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  8. mr.t7024

mr.t7024 Member

Let us know your results,! U will find out what ammo your gun likes!:D
  9. pulver

pulver New Member

Thanks everyone
    I love my gun,and hope soon to get the scoop fasten on it so I can shoot moore.
    I have a Hawke 3-9*50 IR MIL dot that I whil use on"Fun Gun".
    The amo test that I shall do,I`ll do it when I have about 60 different type of amo. Then I cant miss two or tree that will worke vell in myFun Gun"
    But in Norway we dont have so many types too choose in.
    Wher can I bye 10r magasin from USA? From a firma that sends to Norway..
    I do like the tumbholstocks too,but Boyds don`t sell it to anyone. I`d like one in red/black laminat. It had been awsam on my gun.
  10. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum pulver
  11. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Glad to have you here. Welcome!
  12. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Just a guess but I think your gun will like Winchester super x and CCI mini mags the best but don't despair over the negative comments on the Remington, some lots of Remington have been terrible and some guns just don't like Remington. My Ruger and my Marlin shoot it just fine.

If you are from Bardu then you are way north of my buddy who lives just north of Oslo. If you want I can check with him and see if he is willing to trade E-mails with you, he might have some ideas for you and I know he knows where to find guns and ammo.

Be careful though. I infected him with the handgun bug and apparently its contagious, I think he has more of them now than I do including black powder.
  13. pulver

pulver New Member

14. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Welcome Stig ! For 50/50 matches here, I shoot Eley EPS and it's very consistent and accurate. Also expensive compared to other brands, but worth it. Great blog that you have and nice pictures! I like to see that this forum has members from all over the world that love to shoot. Norway has very strong hunting and sporting traditions and we would love to hear about them.

Semper Fidelis,

Woolley
  15. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Glad to have you at TFF, Stig. :)
  16. ozo

ozo Active Member

Welcome to TFF, Powder.
    Nice CZ
    "Kan førøvri si at pipa e så tjukk at min S&L Hardcore Twister 45 i kal 30 ikke passe på denna.."

Attached Files:

17. firelegs22

firelegs22 New Member

Pulver:

I would try to get some Wolf MT ammunition. I have shot everything from remington golden bullet to elay tenex in my savage, and the wolf shoots best!