New visitor to the range today

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by todd51, Oct 13, 2012.

1. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

It was another beautiful fall day and we were pleased to have another TFF member visit us at the range today. Our own Rocketman1 finally made it to the range to shoot with some of the Old Guys. Bob also joined us but was late because he had to take a deer he got last night to the processor first thing this morning. Rocketman brought his S&W Sigma, S&W 22A and Marlin 795. Bod had his Ruger SR9 and Beretta Neos. I brought my Ruger MK II and S&W M&P9. So were went through a lot of 9mm and .22LR. The steel now needs a new paint job because we sure peppered it today.

It was great meeting a new friend and enjoying a nice fall day. We left Bob at the range as he was going to try and get in a little deer hunting before dark.

Attached Files:

2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Haha !! Love the Ole' Man sitting position :D
  3. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

I like that bench.
  4. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Looks like he was having fun.
  5. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Nice day on the range.
  6. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

Oh man did I have fun today with Todd51 and his friend Bob. The only thing bad about it is getting to see my ugly face plastered up on TFF, but I knew that was going to happen.

Todd has a really nice setup down there. An abundance of things to shoot at, and it is gratifying to hear that ping when shooting the steel plates. We all started out shooting the .22 pistols, and then moved on to the 9mm’s. Bob and I both had trouble shooting my Sigma, because of that long hard trigger pull, but Todd showed off and didn’t seem to have any trouble hitting the steel plates with it, but agreed that the trigger pull was awful.

Speaking of heavy trigger pulls, I guess Bob had sent his Ruger SR9 in to have the trigger worked on for the same problem, and had just gotten it back. I had better luck hitting the steel plates with Bob’s Ruger, so I asked him if he wanted to trade for my Sigma. Ha!

I got the Marlin out, and Bob helped me get the BSA Sweet .22 3-9x40mm zeroed in a little better. I have been having trouble with the scope sliding back on the rail, but I think it stayed in place this time. It’s kind of hard to see in the pictures, but on the left side of the range, Todd has targets set up at 50, 75 and 100 yards, and I think there were a few in-between. As the targets move out in distance, they also move higher up on the hill. He had some small wooded blocks set up down there at 100 yards, and it was an absolute blast taking those out with the Marlin, and watching them fly up in the air.

It was a very nice day, and it was fun being able to shoot at something besides paper. Todd and Bob are both pretty darn good shots, and I can’t wait for them to show me how it’s done again.
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  7. Dennis C

Dennis C New Member

Looks like a good time had by all! I wanted to go shooting this week but have been so busy around the house with the honey-do list.
  8. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

looks like u guys had a great time if Todd's place was closer i would be there in a minute
  9. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

I found a honker hide-out if ya want to join me next weekend.

I need to get in some range time in soon as well. made up new loads for the 270