New Wilson Pistol Under 600 Buck

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by meandmy45s, Apr 22, 2006.

1. meandmy45s

meandmy45s New Member

Has anyone seen or shot this firearm? New line of pistols from a world class shop.

http://www.wilsoncombat.com/new_adp.asp

What do you think? Time to crack the piggy bank?

Moderator...Are we allowed to past links in here? yes--SoMo
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2006
  2. gunnutmechanic

gunnutmechanic New Member

Boy it sure is ugly imo. wonder how it shoots.
  3. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Really don't care how that piece of tupperware shoots. Besides it's a 9mm too boot! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: This ought to get PS riled up a bit! ;) :D :D :D :D :D
  4. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

9mm and only 10 round mags?
    I'll stick with my 226.

Let me know when they make it in a 45.
  5. meandmy45s

meandmy45s New Member

They do make it in a 45 and is shoots fine. The light receiver makes it a little snappy though.
  6. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

I held it and wasn't impressed. I got a big hand and it don't feel right
  7. wolfgang2000

wolfgang2000 New Member

It appears to be another Glock clone. I'll stick to the original. :D
  8. tex45acp

tex45acp New Member

meandmy45s,

I own 3 wilson 1911's and they are fine weapons but if you gave me that adp I would give it away the next day. It is one of the most asthetically unappealing firearms I have ever seen.

Let me make a suggestion....by your name you are a 45 guy. Take that 600 bucks and buy you a Springfield XD-45. I have one and it is a super shooter. Extremely accurate, 300 rounds without a single malfunction, 13+1 of 45acp, pretty decent trigger and a much better looking gun asthetically. I am not a polymer pistol kind of guy but this gun has really changed my thinking.......and it's so darn fun to shoot. All this......for less than $600.00.

Heres mine and some 25 yard targets:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2006
  9. meandmy45s

meandmy45s New Member

Actually...the XD tactical is on the "to buy list". It is nice to see another satisfied owner of the pistol.
  10. denfoote

denfoote New Member

Ya know, it kinda looks like the old Heritage Stealth!!! Anybody remember those??
  11. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

OMIGOD! WILSON COMBAT making a GLUCKCLONE in 9MM !!!!!

Say it isn't so, Say it isn't so!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

(Please excuse me as I go crush my Wilson .45 mags and knock the Wilson Combat sights off my slide...)(and try to remember what OTHER Wilson parts are in it...) :eek: :eek: :p :p
  12. meandmy45s

meandmy45s New Member

lmao - polishshooter
  13. wolfgang2000

wolfgang2000 New Member

Tex 45, great shooting!! :D

I just don't understand. If people want a Glock why don't they just buy one! :eek: They keep buying clones. Trust me the original is better!! It is...really it is!!! :D :D :D :D
  14. stash247

stash247 New Member

I would not hesitate to buy one of Bill Wilson's .45's; they are quality work, if a bit pricey!
    The pistol in the link may have come from his house, but is anything but a 'wilson' pistol, as I have come to know them; it will take a lot of 'field testing' to make it a real pistol, IMHO.
  15. handlebar

handlebar New Member

This is the Truvelo from South Africa. Designed by Alex Du Plesis. Truvelo originally manufactured electronic equipment to be used by the S. African Traffic police, but then went into larger weaponry and eventually into small arms. Wilson has gotten the import rights to it. It is not a Wilson design. It comes in .380, 9mm, .40, and .45 . The ADP cartridge only applies to the .45 and is 1/16" or aprox. 2mm shorter than the regular .45 ACP. ADP stands for Advanced Defense Pistol. They were made around 1998 and do look remarkably like the Stealth mentioned in another thread above. The Stealth made it's debut in 1996, so there may be a connection.
    I don't know why he would import a S. African piece unless there is money to be made. I don't know if I would want to support the S. African economy. Plus, it can't be better than my Glock, and I paid way less than $600 for the Glock.
    Last edited: May 19, 2006