New York Arms Shotgun

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 26, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

redd wiggler
    (2/1/02 7:46:03 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All New York Arms
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyone out there know anything about New York Arms Co.?
    I have a 12 ga. double made by New York Arms that was passed on to me from my dad. I have looked in a couple of gun "value books" but I have never found any mention of New York Arms. The shotgun appears to a have a modern steel barrel(not damascus), is hammerless, and has New York Arms Co. written on the side. What's it worth?

Thanks
    Redd

Zigzag2
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (2/1/02 8:09:13 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: New York Arms
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello redd wiggler and welcome to the Firearms Forum.
    I personally have no references to New York Arms, but I'm sure someone will be by shortly to help you

Be sure to visit and post as much as you like.

Zig

β€œI ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials.” β€œTo disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.” --George Mason

AntiqueDr
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (2/1/02 8:11:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: New York Arms
    New York Arms Co was a trade name used by the HD Folsom Arms Co (Crescent/Davis) for shotguns they made for the Garnet-Carter Co, Chattanooga TN. Early 1900's.

Value is $200 tops, and have it checked very thoroughly before you even consider shooting it.