New York to ban soda larger than 16 oz.....

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by zachp, May 31, 2012.

1. zachp

zachp New Member

Have any of you guys seen this? I seen it this morning on GMA, and thought WTF! Doesnt the mayor of NY have anything better to do than decide what people in the city need to drink? They also said he has banned restaraunts in the city from selling food with trans fat in it. This liberal is getting a bit big for his britches in my opinion.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/31/us/new-york-sugar-drinks/index.html
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
  2. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Since his Straw-man gun buyers are not working out too well he has to find something to do.
    Smuggling 32 oz Diet Pepsi from Virgina will be the next big story.
  3. cutter

cutter New Member

I have deleted 3 posts about this before I hit the button to post, I can't say what I really think about people like him!!!:mad::banghead::dontknow::tapfoot::crazy:
  4. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

This will make the people in NY safer. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

What a moron.
  5. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

"Soon i will control everything and take over the world" "First the sodas next the world" hahahahahahahahah

I guess no mo 40's in the getto hugh?

Attached Files:

6. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Active Member

All the libs think "wow, I'm such a great person, I'm saving your life" Of course all the libs think oil should be banned and humans are wrecking the planet. OK libtards feature this: You can ban that 32oz. Big Gulp. I'll just buy TWO 16 oz ones. I'll have my 32 oz soda, AND I'll now have TWO empty cups to pollute the planet with and it'll be YOUR fault.
    Liberalism is a mental disorder and it's chief symptom is rampant hypocrisy.
  7. zachp

zachp New Member

I wonder if we could use this to institutionalize them and put them out of our misery? This seems to be a good plan! You know I bet they never even thought about the higher cost of trash pickup due to more cups!
  8. musclehead

musclehead New Member

9. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

10. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

Re: Mayor Bloomberg, always looking out for you

Just saw on the CBS news he's anti-obesity. He also anti-soft drinks.
  11. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

ya know.. there are things I don't mind the gubmint handling. nat security.. mass disease handling and whatnot.. however there are things they have no business regulating. like what I eat.

a soda may be bad for an obese person.. bt for a health individual of correct weight who does not overuse.. it's not a problem..
  12. 25yretcoastie

25yretcoastie New Member

Just remember that NYC is a no gun city yet most crimes are committed with guns. Maybe he is looking to set up a soda black market
  13. soundguy

ya know.. a gun free zone might not be SO bad.. if the perps turned theirs in too!
  14. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Active Member

There oughta be a law against the Government interfering in things that are none of their business. What I eat, what I drink and how much is my choice, not theirs. Their business is to make sure whatever I choose to eat or drink is safe, period! If I'm not smart enough to eat what is good for me, I'm certainly not smart enough to vote for Bloomberg!
  15. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

Yet you can drink all the beer you want at the ball park. Go figure.
  16. soundguy

or smoke.. etc.. etc.. list goes on.

what next.. a limit on the number of pork chops you can buy?
  17. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Active Member

So does this mean you can't by a 2 litter of soda? What about a case of soda? Hell what about a six pack? Will you have to be ID'd and fingerprinted like we are in Comifornia for ammo?

What a dumbass
  18. soundguy

grocery and conv. stores and places that sell for non imediate consumption are exempt... any drink that has more than 25c per 8oz for immediate consumption including bottled beverages at a movie theatre or fast fllod place are hit. limited to 16oz..meaning all the 16.9 and 20oz bottles are junk. here's the kicker. you can buy (2) 16 oz pops.. but not a 20oz pop :(

drinks with 50%milk or milk ingredients ( starbucks frappicino ) are exempt...

nanny state.. sheesh....

soundguy
  19. Model195Fan

Model195Fan Member

It's about what one would expect from a a Nazi buffoon like Bloomberg, and good enough for the idiots in NYC who voted him in.
  20. soundguy

simply amazes me he's 3 term now... must be lots of people that think they need someone else to make decisions for them....