The Firearms Forum banner

Newbe Will Show His To See Others

6K views 41 replies 19 participants last post by  Wrxified 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, new to the forum. Looks like it has a little of everything which is right up my alley. I love my 1911's as well as my Hi-Powers and AR's.

Since I'm new here I'll show you mine to get a look at yours...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Let me be the first to welcome you Tzyck, good pic of your pistol, sure is pretty. I was gonna ask you about those grips till I saw the link. I may have to get some of those for the Kimber I just purchased, ( see the Should I? Or Shouldn't I? thread ). Gotta get some batteries for digital camera first though. Delays, Delays. You should enjoy this site, I have gained a lot of info on some things, and the people are nice and knowledgeable. :D

#3 ·
I got a question. Is the frame parkerized or what ? It looks greenish. It is a beauty. I like mine too. The beaver tail, hammer, trigger in the stainless look sharp in contrast compared to the dark frame. Oh yeah welcom to TFF. I want another 1911.

Where did you get yours, and did you add the stainless after you got the pistol?;)

#4 ·
Frosty,

I bought this Springfield back when I was in college about 16 years ago. I really didn't use it much untill about 5 years ago when I started shooting matches and pins as i traveled for work.

The original finish is Parkerized but with so much use the finish has faded to a cool dull grey. I kind of like it.

I added the aftermarket SS parts little by little. SA beaver, Ed brown trigger and hammer with a nice 4lb break. Oh yeah, Wilson bolt on mag well.

My next and final addition is a set of good sights. There are just so many out there to choose from... Any recomendations?

#5 · (Edited)
Welcome Tzyck!

Glad to see you around!

Lots of good stuff here...good folks, good info., good humor!

I am a certified 1911 fanatic (I like the big boom!) and I have had a BHP or two...

Look around, make yourself at home. I am sure lots of folks will show you their toys...

Me...I don't really have any guns...I just like to talk about them.:D

#10 · (Edited)
Welcome to TFF and the 1911 Forum, Tzyck.

Hope you will join us often and post often. I'm new to the 1911 family but there are so many knowledgable diehards here that you should be quite comfortable.

Mine is a beauty just out of the box!

#12 ·
My new Kimber

Attachments

#13 ·
My first 1911, Firestorm Government .45

Attachments

#14 ·
I Know it's not a 1911, but anyway, the S&W .38 snubbie I inherited from my grandfather.

Attachments

#17 ·
Tzyck, that's purty.

Mine -

Series 80. A 'working tool'. Worn parkerized finish, a few replacement parts, lots of wear and tear, had it for 20yrs. Used it for IPSC Limited, as well. Getting close to retiring it to nightstand duty, and get a new one for regular use.

#18 ·
While all of these weapons are very fine and beautiful to look at. a certan one really caught my eye and it would be Rayra's series 80. I love the fine finish of a new gun but when one like his shows up it says "I have been used" but well taken care of. I have a few guns that look like that and while I get some crap about the finish of them I always answer with" well what do you expect, it dont sit in the cabinet all the time"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.