newbie with a ?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by tim58, Dec 3, 2006.

1. tim58

tim58 New Member

dear folks i have inherited a collection of very well kept rifles and shotguns , the one that bugs me the most is also the oldest its a marlin model 27s ,ill describe ,it is a pump action ,center fire rifle in 25/20 ,it has on front a folding sight that is either hooded ,or a single open post ,the rear sight is a fixed dovetail semi buck horn sight non adjustable,on the tang however is an old Marbles peep sight that flips up and is very adjustable for hight ,the barrel is octogon ,the finish is about 95 percent, all original as mentioned very well kept ,no serial numbers ,only patent dates the latest being november 28, 1909 in all it does shoot very well ,and was a gift from a feed store to my great grandfather it has survived the great depression and has fed my family for many years, what would you expect to see it go for at an average gun shop ,or is there a trade value im looking for a 25/06 ruger bolt action
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2006
  2. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I have no idea as to the worth, but I would LOVE to have a 25-20 to go with my 32-20s. :D

Pops