Newbie with SKS Id and parts questions

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Doug Hodges, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Doug Hodges

Doug Hodges New Member

Hello all. I'm new to this forum but not new to forums. I even have my own.
    I used to have sks's in the past and bought my first one for 59 dollars. Man have they went up. I just traded for one today and I want to add a scope mount and scope. I may change to a folding stock With pistol grip and ill probably have it dipped. First thing I need to know is identification. I've been reading half the night and can't seem to get the answers I'm looking for. I've looked at sks survivor and yoopers. Pictures are best so here goes. The 116 in the triangle is what I can't seem to locate anywhere. Thanks for your help.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

based on the lettering and the spike on the front, yours is a Norinko.
  3. wannauseit

wannauseit New Member

4. ShawnDow

ShawnDow Member

on the right hand side of the barrel... near the gas port.. is it stamped with the Norinko import stamp and model type? That would be the easiest give away...
    If you looking to just put a scope on it.. there are bolt carrier covers that are a "plug and play" that are already set up to take scopes. Just remove the existing, and put in the aftermarket one... http://www.thefind.com/sports/browse-sks-scope-mounts
    Hope this kinda helps.
  5. Doug Hodges

Doug Hodges New Member

Thanks all. Big help.