The Firearms Forum banner

Newer M&P 9 review needed, please!

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  CCHolderinMaine 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with new M&P 9 trigger since they they started shipping them with the trigger reset setup?

My wife was having a fit that she needed a different gun other than my Sigma to shoot in the Action Pistol Fun/Practice shoot I'm setting up at our gun club. So I broke down and told her that I had already ordered her the M&P 9. It was suppose to be a surprise. So, instead of picking the gun up and trying it first, she started reading reviews, most of which say the trigger sucks, but all the reviews are pre-April '13 or so, and that's when they were suposed to start putting the better trigger in them.

I'm kind of pissed here. She's darn near already decided she doesn't like the gun because of the trigger when she hasn't even picked it up yet.

#2 ·
They improved the firing pin safety and that was the big proponent to the gritty trigger. New trigger has a overtravel stop if Im thinking correctly. MP trigger is nothing like the sigma trigger, totally different design. Many things can be done with the M&P trigger to improve it dramatically.

#5 ·
You can replace the stock sear that comes with the gun with the Apex hard sear and that will improve the trigger 100%. I've done that with both an M&P 9c and a FS .40. The pull is reduced from about 6 - 6.5 lb to exactly 4.0 lb. That makes a big difference.

If you want to make the trigger even better you can install the Apex forward set sear and trigger kit. That will reduce the pre-travel to almost nothing reduce the pull to 4.0 lb and make the trigger feel like a 1911.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.