1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Newly Acquired Glenfield Model 60

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by DRB, May 11, 2012.

1. DRB

DRB New Member

Good afternoon/evening depending on what part of the country you are in.

I have a Glenfield Model 60 that I recently acquired and was curious as to it's value. It is S/N 223391XX. I have done a complete tear-down and thorough cleaning and it fires very nice.

The condition, in my opinion is good to very-good. There is some minor wear on the bottom of the butt stock and around the trigger guard (I'll post as many pictures as possible to show condition). There is also a non-stock screw in the front of the trigger guard. Also on the trigger guard there is number that looks like a SSN that has been etched into it.

I also don't know too much about the scope, but it is a Weaver K4 and has minor pitting corrosion on the exterior. The optics are very clean.

At first I was running Winchester Wildcat 40 grain LRN (the cheapest stuff I could find) through it and was getting mis-feeds about every 3-5 rounds. I switched to CCI Mini-Mag 36 grain CP HP and it is performing flawlessly. I'm fairly new to firearms so maybe somebody can explain what I am experiencing here between these different rounds.

As usual, any info you all can provide will be appreciated and helpful. My intention is to keep this gun for plinking and target shooting.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

i am sure someone will be along to help u i have a marling 60 and just love it i use federal auto match never a problem--that one is nice
  3. REPEATER

REPEATER New Member

There's a few model 60 links on that other .22 thread.
  4. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Is that someone's SSN etched into the trigger guard?
  5. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

think someone put it there for proof of ownership?
  6. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

most of the time they are around $180-200 dollars
  7. REPEATER

REPEATER New Member

not sure if its any relation, but my 3rd and 5th # are the same too. just 6 istead of 8. Im with you on that though. good call

I do have to ask off topic. Is that some corn you got back there?? mmmmmmm sweet corn haha

It was made in 1978 by the 22 at the beginning of the # you gave us. usually reload ammo loads funny. I used a brand new box of Peters hv and not seeing the poor quality before loaded the gun full. jammed the bolt because the lead wasn't concentric with the casing and wedged in the barrel. they had a lot of trace corrosion on them too. I was dumb and paid no attention to the signs of bad ammo.. those CCI minis are affordable and great quality. never had even one issue. use them and dont look back
    Last edited: May 11, 2012
  8. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

That's about a hundred dollar gun you got there (in that condition). A good gun, just not expensive. The Marlin and Glenfield 60's are the same gun, Marlin just sold their Glenfield line a tad cheaper. I think I have about 5. I like to doctor'em up a little.
    Here's the last one I played around with, also with a weaver.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 12, 2012