Newly Elected Reps are too stoopid...

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Jeff Midguard, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Jeff Midguard

Jeff Midguard New Member

2. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Newly elected pols can't read? Then explain to me how all the Democrats couldn't read the health care bill.

Bloomberg can't read. At least not the Constitution. Especially the part where it says "right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed..."
  3. ofitg

ofitg New Member

How nice that Bloomberg is so worried about China's progression onto the world stage.

Our efforts to bring Japan into the modern world 100 years ago really paid off, big time. Just ask the Manchurians, the Koreans, the Philippinos......
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  4. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

You want to talk about stupid, did you see where ole Bloomberg was at?

He was at a climate change conference! Thats right, he is a sucker of the biggest global scam ever, then this moron has the gall to bash on conservatives? Give me a break.

As far as China goes, we should impose a 30% tax on everything coming from China.
    This in my opinion would make it too expensive for companies to continue to keep operating over there and then move their operations back to America.

Bloomberg is the stupid one.
  5. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

They wouldn't come back to the United States. They'd go to the next country they could run sweatshops in.

We need a massive tariff on everything that is imported. So then it makes it the cheapest to build it in the United States.
  6. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

You know what this would do? It will make everything unaffordable. Manufacturing in other countries is cheap; this is only half of the problem. Manufacturing in the United States is ridiculously expensive.

No one gets upset that unskilled, uneducated McDonald's workers get paid $7.25 per hour. Yet everyone thinks it's NOT ridiculous that unskilled, uneducated factory workers get total compensation over $50 per hour. Fifty dollars per hour!

American people need to wake up to the fact that a person's value in the marketplace is directly correlated to the difficulty in replacing that person. A CEO of a mulitnational conglomerate makes millions because the number of people in the world capable of effectively filling that job is really, really low. A cashier at McDonald's can be replaced by nearly anyone, including the next round of kids to turn 15, so they are paid as little as the government allows.

How replaceable is the guy on the assembly line? I'll give you a hint: the most efficient assembly lines have each worker (or machines) make one small, simple, repetitive motion.

I'm sure this post is going to offend people, and that is not my goal, but we as a society have this inexplicable belief that each person is entitled to earning an excellent wage, no matter how little that person has trained or educated himself for the work he is doing. This idea is unsustainable, and it's one of the main reasons manufacturing jobs have moved overseas.
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  7. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

I agree with Josh's assesment 100%
  8. msujmccorm

msujmccorm New Member

I'm not offended. We have trained the next generation that you don't have to work harder, learn more, be more valuable... etc. than the next guy. When I was younger you tried out for sports, if you didn't make the cut you worked your butt off for next year (Michael Jordan didn't make the team once and sure made up for it). If I got fired from a job when I was younger my Dad (R.I.P. Pops) would have kicked my a$$. It was expected that if I made a bad grade the teacher pointed it out in front of the class. All incentives to do better.
    In this new culture of no winners and no losers I think we are all losing.
  9. JohnBrainard

JohnBrainard New Member

I will also add that I'm not offended by your post, CampingJosh. I agree with it 100%. I don't agree with protectionist laws.
  10. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

Anyone who is offended by Josh's remarks would obviously have to be a liberal democrat, one who knows little or nothing of American history and the precepts on which our government was founded. They would argue that it is every American's birthright to live in the manner in which every hard working, educated, tax paying citizen is accustomed by virtue of the fact that they were born or emigrated here. All men are created equal, then they are born. Good on you Josh!
  11. ghrit

ghrit New Member

Then there is our educational system that operates on the principle that everyone should have a college degree to be successfully employed. I wonder how many PhDs it takes to staff a Waste Management trash truck --.
  12. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    We did and that is why a lot of old school Democrats and some Republicans are retired this year. If the Republicans in office now don't watch out and keep their mind where it belongs, (rescinding bad laws, reforming the way they pass laws and listening to their constituents instead of eating each other over policy differences and running for the next election they can be shown the door too. Personally it wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit to have an entire congress with nobody with more than 12 years of seniority sitting in either house.
  13. ofitg

ofitg New Member

It is my understanding that for the first century of our country's existence - before the federal government swelled up like a cancerous tumor - the federal government raised most of its revenues from import duties.

http://www.usgovernmentrevenue.com/yearrev1800_0.html#usgs302

All of that changed after 1913.
  14. Jeff Midguard

Jeff Midguard New Member

Put a tariff on everything made in China and our debt would go away pretty quickly.
    Unfortunately, our president's message on the Asia trip is that border will remain open for free trade.