News flash - Ruger LC9 9mm

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Just One Shot, Jan 3, 2011.

1. W. Bill

W. Bill New Member

Ammo,

Ironic that I own a PF9 (2 in fact) and was looking to "upgrade" to something of higher quality (the PF9 needs considerable "cleaning up" polishing, etc. to get it to run reliably). I was considering a Kahr PM9, Taurus 709 Slim, or Sig P290 when I saw a LC9 at a pretty good price ($359) and bought it for a look see. I'm back to considering the other three leaning toward the Sig. I have a Sig P220 .45 ACP that is fifteen years old and has never, ever, not once malfunctioned. That is what I want in a 9mm carry pistol. Your point is well taken about the extra parts. I also have a LCP and have no issues with it. It is nice and simple. Without doing any research, I assumed that the LC9 was pretty much a duplicate of its little .380 brother, but it is not. Too many additional parts in the LC9. Regards
    Last edited: May 5, 2011
  2. G-man

G-man New Member

Vermont does not at this time require or issue gun permits. Some Vermont towns and cities do have local ordinances, so if you are planning on visiting, it would be wise to contact the local police chief to find information pertaining to local information.

G-man
  3. Juker

Juker New Member

Passed through there seven years ago on the way to Maine. I recall with great fondness a breakfast with Eggs Benedict at a little roadside cafe in Burlington. :)
  4. intimidator3

intimidator3 New Member

Why do some of you have to knock some one elses gun or make of gun. (and probably never even held or fired one) All guns have a problem - the fit, the feel, the fail to feed, the fail to fire, the fail to eject, and the fail to have the money. Kel tec just didn't fit or feel good to me, but I ain't a gona knock it because some may like it. More later - gotta eat!!! A Wendys fish sandwich. I think it's a copy of Frischs though !!
  5. work2ride

work2ride New Member

I have the same problem with the ''neutral'' trigger on my recently purchased LC9. I found this thread looking for common problems on a google search. I'm really bummed, I liked this pistol A LOT for about the first 50 rounds then within 10 rounds it started having the same symptoms which led to the gun not firing at all. It's back at the gun store I bought it at. I explained to the owner who called Ruger and all they said is they will inspect it and fix it if there is a problem then send it back. I was feeling kind of nervous about the whole ''will it work when I need it'' thing then I read your story and it really bums me out. Did you keep yours? I'm ready to sell mine and get something else when I get it back. This sucks because I have always liked Ruger firearms but I can't trust this thing to save my life if I need it.
  6. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

My son has this guns and we have no problems with it. We have shot over 500 rounds with is with no issue. I don't like the slide pull. To much for me but it is a good shooter so far.