Newspaper article for Veterans Day

Discussion in 'VMBB General Discussion' started by inplanotx, Mar 8, 2003.

1. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

cricket328
    (11/10/02 7:30:25 pm)
    Reply Newspaper article for Veterans Day
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This was in our local paper. Thought you might like to read the article. I thought it was very good. One thing that it brought to my attention was how many men died on Veteran's day. Its something I never really thought about, these men who gave their lives to their country were born on a day to honor our military.

Chris

www.sunspot.net/features/...-society

hope6970
    *VMBB Staff*
    (11/10/02 11:40:54 pm)
    Reply Re: Newspaper article for Veterans Day
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you Chris for the post....interesting article.

Hope

high2fly
    *Senior Chief Of Staff*
    (11/11/02 3:09:31 pm)
    Articles such as the one you posted Chris brings home the shocking realization of the terrible waste war is. The gallant young men who went forth from their homes of freedom to perish in some far off strand--never to know the joy of their own family with children and by now, grandchildren. And still today, such is the plight for many who are in the 'cannon fodder' limelight---it is glamorous for young men to go forth and serve their country but----I can tell you words here that have been oft repeated down thru history---wars and rumors of wars---they served with honor---we regret to inform you---in the service of their country. Over the year or so now many of you have known me, I do not endorse women in the combat role---above as I wrote it was difficult for me to say anything other than 'MEN'---fault me if you will---just thought I would reaffirm those feeling I have about the fairer sex---my Mom--your Mom---my sister and yours---my daughter--yours.. Could it be I have it pegged wrongly---could war ever be glamorous for the ladies? Wilborn

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/11/02 7:15:12 pm)

Re: Newspaper article for Veterans Day
    Good article Chris!

I hear where your comming from Chief!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

hope6970
    *VMBB Staff*
    (11/12/02 12:31:37 am)
    This is a road that has many avenues and I don't believe Chief that anyone could come to an affirm yes or no.

I know I for one who has been in Vietnam as a female would not have wanted to have been out in those bushes side by side with the guys. However, if duty called and the need was there......you bet your booties, I would grab a weapon and do the best job I could to protect your six.

I believe this is one subject that will see many discussions. I am not saying I don't think there are women that could not perform the duty. I am looking at the feminine side of it, as I believe you are.

I can remember back, sitting in my office and pondering this very same question. I guess only time will tell, the women have come a long way with the different fields that have been opened up to them.

War glamorous to ladies??? That depends on the lady, I hope it wouldn't be to anyone. In my opinion, war is Hell any way you look at it.

Hope

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/12/02 12:38:12 am)

Re: Newspaper article for Veterans Day
    You bet Hope!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac