Newspaper Bailout?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Bubblehead, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Bubblehead

Bubblehead New Member

Here's the headline:

Obama open to newspaper bailout bill

I guess the White House is starting to panic at the thought of losing their main propaganda machine.

I will miss the crosswords, but that is all. The rest is just disinformation and meaningless junk.

John
  2. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

He already tells them what to print, so he might as well go ahead and buy them...with OUR money!:mad::mad::rolleyes:
  3. navis128

navis128 New Member

If they hadn't thrown away their tradition of Objective Journalism, they wouldn't have lost as many readers.

I don't want nor need a subscription, I wish I could "opt out".
  4. Rocket J Squirl

Rocket J Squirl New Member

We need as many newpapers to go under as possible

How else can we be responsible recyclers and rid them of all their linotype?
  5. kingchip

kingchip New Member

Wait a minute. How am I supposed to house train my new dogs? And the parakeet? What are y'all thinking?

Seriously, if you can't bring your product in line with what it is that consumers desire, tough sheet.
  6. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Postal BS.:rolleyes:
  7. muddober

muddober Active Member

I am of the opinion that the government bailing out any newspaper would be a US Constitution first amendment violation. Think about it for a minute. How could we have freedom of the press if the government is financially backing any major news source? If this happens it will nullify the term conflict of interest. My guess is that those bastards in congress supporting such a bailout will argue that the constitution only guarantees freedom of the press and there is no constitutional prohibition of government creating a controlled bias.

This thing is getting worse by the minute.:mad:

Ron
  8. Room 101

Room 101 Former Guest

You are ruining it for them. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I think they could have used some 0f the 23.7 trillion dollars they stole from the people in the last bailout.

They will argue how can the press be free if it is not existent. And the robot will agree.
  9. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

When the inflation hits from all the $$ Bary is printing, you can use paper money for both.
  10. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

23.7 T huh?

Lets see my GM Bonds are now pretty much worthless because of the government intervention so lets see if we can make them all worthless, yes we can.