1. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

They just passed a bill that adds $2.4T to the debt over the 1st 10 years and that is with 10 years of taxes and 4-5 years of benefits. What does Obama mean when he says he will address it, hold on to your wallet middle class cause you going to get redistributed.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/12/24/senate-votes-raise-debt-ceiling-trillion/

WASHINGTON -- The Senate voted Thursday to raise the ceiling on the government debt to $12.4 trillion, a massive increase over the current limit and a political problem that President Obama has promised to address next year.

The Senate's rare Christmas Eve vote, 60-39, follows House passage last week and raises the debt ceiling by $290 billion. The bill permits the Treasury Department to issue enough bonds to fund the government's operations and programs until mid-February. The Senate will vote again on the issue on Jan. 20.

Obama must sign the measure into law to prevent a market-rattling, first-ever default on U.S. obligations. The government piled up a record $1.4 trillion deficit in 2009 to counter a meltdown in financial markets and help bring the nation out of its worst recession in seven decades.

The early-morning vote followed the Senate's passage of a landmark bill to overhaul the nation's health care system. They were the Senate's last votes of the year.
  2. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Yeah, just keep throwing someone elses money at the problem and it will go away.

Idiot.
  3. topper

topper New Member

I think I will just hold onto what little money I have and not let the government have any. They are just going to throw it away anyway. I refuse to buy government mandated insurance, pay income taxes or give any money to any gov. agency for any reason until they can prove to me that my money is being used responsibily and for the betterment of america. That is my new years's resolution for 2010.
  4. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

O's got a plan and he is sticking to it. The purpose is to make our money worthless so they can introduce the new Amero currency that will be good for use in Canada and Mexico. If you have money you should consider putting it into silver or gold. That will still be worth something.
  5. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

I'm planning on putting my money in steel and lead...copper-jacketed lead;)
  6. obxned

obxned New Member

If you are caught funding certain evil people who want to destroy America, you go to jail

BUT

if you are caught NOT funding the evil people in DC who want to destroy America, you go to jail.