The Firearms Forum banner

NFA exemption list

17K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Alpo 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of a published list of items that have been removed from NFA classification?
Specifically, I'm looking for listings of short barreled Winchester lever action carbines. I swear I have seen this list, but can't find it in any of my books.
Thanks

#2 ·
might as well start making a list if anyone has the paperwork handy.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.. but c96 type guns and browning/inglis hi powers and lugers, with correct shape, even if repro stocks are legal.

#3 ·
might as well start making a list if anyone has the paperwork handy.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.. but c96 type guns and browning/inglis hi powers and lugers, with correct shape, even if repro stocks are legal.
Can't find the link at the moment, but in researching ATF findings/letters etc. regarding C96s and repro stocks I ran across an exchange specifically mentioning the Inglis, and their finding at the time was that while Mausers and Lugers with repro stocks are exempt - providing the stock replicates the original configuration, the Inglis Hi Powers were not. Might pay to get their latest finding on the stocked Inglis pistols in writing. If I can find the link I'll post it.

#4 ·
#8 ·
Sure there is, George.

Start a new thread. Cut and paste my post as the first post of the new thread.

Lock the thread.

Sticky it.

Wallah. :D

Oh, and Bill - you're welcome. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.