NFA sort off....

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms & Related Items' started by 300 H&H, Dec 1, 2011.

1. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

Had an unusual week,:)

I stumbled onto an old army tank I might be interested in purchasing. As long as the weapondry is de mill correctly, is there any thing else that would prohibit me from legally owning it? I don't stumble on tanks every day....

It is a rare piece of armour, and it needs a good home. It is an M22 locust. 820 made in 43/44. Cann't be many left of that number. It would fit in an average garage stall as well!!! Cute little bugger...:)

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...8C31245320081D7B64768C3124&first=0&FORM=LKVR3

Regards, Kirk
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  2. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

A bit more information...

The video above is not of the one I am interested in, It is unrestored and may be minus the turret. The owner was going to cut it up for scrap, but the person he has given it to has not cut it up yet. So kinda want to keep at arms length till I figure out what is going on. Is there a possibilty that after all these years ther could be a shall scrap order issued with this hull #??

Kirk
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

locust was the world first airmobile capable tank if i remember

go for it!
  4. medalguy

medalguy Member

A tank is really nothing more than a truck or bulldozer with a VERY heavy body. Without any weapons it's just a vehicle. Any machine guns with it?:D
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

had a bren gun carrier here for a while , it was a great hunting buggy ...

put ya own guns in it, want plans for a 2"?
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  6. coachwill

coachwill Forum Sponsor

Most of them were given to Egypt after WW2 but I think those might have come from the British since they were supposed to be recipients of the tank as well. Most of the armor though was sold at auction in as/is condition. Many of the ones that returned back to the US were used as agriculture tractors with their turrets removed. So the odds of it being a must scrap are probably nil.

One of my grandfathers worked with a guy that bought many crated up engines for P-51's back in 1948/1949 and he also had a few actual aircraft that he had my grandfather working on in the early 50's. This grandfather was a crew chief on a PV-1 and PV-2 Ventura during WW2 in the Pacific for the Navy.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011