NFA transfers

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms & Related Items' started by w1spurgeon, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Maine04657

Maine04657 New Member

They are done by ZONE! Each inspector/ inspectors have a area they cover IE up here Maine and a few states below us are covered by one person.

[​IMG]
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Interesting.
  3. Maine04657

Maine04657 New Member

The word those of us with things PENDING use is SLOW! They did hire some temp help this summer but I am unsure of the status of those folks. With the amount of transfers going up every year due to people understanding they can own these items they should have five to ten fold the examiners they do now. That said those that do work there do a very good job given the the workload they have.
  4. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

No joke.
  5. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Well, like I said, during the reign of the anti-gun Clinton, my transfers dragged. During the reign of the pro-gun Bush they went speedily along. Now we are in the reign of the anti-gun Obama. Transfers drag.

This is surprising?
  6. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

so florida has it's own zone?
  7. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

When you figure in populations and state laws, that's really probably pretty balanced as far as NFA items go. Florida and Texas are both big states with lax laws, so you'd expect a lot of transfers.
  8. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

yeah I do. any time you find a state that allows nfa weapons.. adn is big.. I'd expect mucho traffic...
  9. Maine04657

Maine04657 New Member

I had the opposite experience. During Clinton transfers where taking less then 2 months on average. During Bush jr 3 plus months. Now that NFA has gone much more mainstream sales are sky high during this liberal admin. It has not been until the past 10 years NFA has become so popular. Used to be a rare thing now a Saturday at the range you likely to see one or more other people with them.