NH CCW permit question

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by dmicucci, Mar 30, 2008.

1. dmicucci

dmicucci New Member

Hello All,

I'm new here, but have been an avid gun guy for year, hunting with the family, target shooting and the like.

I just recently purchased my first handgun (.45auto) and was looking into getting my concealed carry permit, so I can carry legally while hunting without needing to have it exposed.

My question is for all of you NH guys and gals that have gotten your CCW in this state, is what is the procedure for getting it? I was going to go down to the local police dept. and ask, but I'm here and figured I'd give it a shot (no pun intended lol).

Thank you all for the help. Tons of great info here too.
  2. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

IIRC you go to the police station and fill out a simple one-page form. In about a week you go back and get the CCW.

NH is a shall-issue state so CCW is a right, not a gift from the government.
  3. dmicucci

dmicucci New Member

Thanks for the reply.

I did go down and fill out the form for a CCW this morning. I figured this was the case but was curious if anyone could give an answer before I went down to the PD to ask.

Thanks to all and happy shooting!
  4. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

NH is a shall issue state so there should not be an issue. What part of NH are you in? I'm in Stratham.
  5. dmicucci

dmicucci New Member

I'm up in Gorham, about five miles south of Berlin on RT16, but am going to be moving to the seacoast area as soon as I graduate from college this may. I'll be looking for some good places to go shooting down there after that so any input would be appreciated :D.