Nicer Illegals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HiSpeed, Feb 28, 2007.

1. HiSpeed

HiSpeed New Member

Bill would mandate nicer term for illegals
    By Bill Cotterell
    news-press.com Tallahassee bureau
    Originally posted on February 27, 2007

TALLAHASSEE -- A state legislator whose district is home to thousands of Caribbean immigrants wants to ban the term "illegal alien" from the state's official documents.

"I personally find the word 'alien' offensive when applied to individuals, especially to children," said Sen. Frederica Wilson, D-Miami. "An alien to me is someone from out of space."

She has introduced a bill providing that: "A state agency or official may not use the term 'illegal alien' in an official document of the state." There would be no penalty for using the words.

In Miami-Dade County, Wilson said, "we don't say 'alien,' we say 'immigrant.'"

She said she encountered the situation when trying to pass a bill allowing children of foreigners to get in-state tuition at colleges and universities. Wilson, who directs a dropout prevention and education program in Miami, said she politely asks witnesses at public hearings on such issues not to use the term.

"There are students in our schools whose parents are trying to become citizens and we shouldn't label them," she said. "They are immigrants, through no fault of their own, not aliens."

Wilson said the first word isn't as bad as the second.

"'Illegal,' I can live with, but I like 'undocumented' better," she said.

Asked if her bill (SB 2154) might run afoul of Gov. Charlie Crist's "plain speaking" mandate for government agencies, Wilson said, "I think getting rid of 'alien' would be plain speaking."

I think getting rid of idiot politicians would be plainly speakling. Where do we get these clowns.
  2. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Just so she stays down in Flarda.

Bet she'd have a hissy fit over 'wetback'.
  3. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 New Member

Maybe she is from outer space. Sure acts like it!
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

i cant help but ask myself when these people are going to realize that no matter who you are, where youre from, or what color your skin is, WE ARE ALL ALIENS in some way. perhaps senator frederica wilson and her faithful followers should break-out a good old fashioned dictionary and look up the terms "illegal" and "alien"... maybe they'd realize that those terms are as good a terms as any...
  5. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Typical Democrat, whatever 'sounds' bad, or it might cause them to feel bad, or by changing the defination so that it might be easier to welcome ILLEGAL ALIENS into our society. What a joke.

There is no logic in this. Why doesn't she try to be more productive and get these MEXICAN NATIONAL ILLEGAL ALIENS to become citizens? If they don't want to be call ILLEGAL ALIENS they can change there situation by being here LEGALLY or by going home.
  6. Shooter973

Shooter973 New Member

Gee we wouldn't want to hurt the Illegal Aliens feelings!!!:rolleyes: After all they have had a hard time getting here, being Illegal and all, breaking several laws along the way!!! :eek: Lets just be nicer to them and maybe they will not invite millions more here!!! :mad:
    Typical Democrat Crap. Feel good legislation that doesnt address the real problem in anyway!!! :mad:
  7. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Make'm all citizens, so we can be sure they don't spank their children. :rolleyes:
    Another buttwipe Politician
  8. durk

durk New Member

How about criminal aliens? Or, criminal immigrants?:D
  9. White Hawk

White Hawk New Member

It's all in the marketing, huh? I used to wonder why right-wingers tended to be engineers and pilots and such, while left-wingers ended up in marketing, journalism, and government agencies.

How about we call them "gone"?
  10. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I think calling them anything other than WHAT THEY ARE, is like the bumper sticker White Hawk posted in another thread:

"Calling illegal aliens 'undocumented workers' is like calling rapists 'uninvited sex partners'."
  11. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

See my sig regarding this subject.

Pops
  12. Thunderhawk88

Thunderhawk88 New Member

Not me, I was born here, and that's the point, they weren't! So they are aliens!
  13. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

I agree.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!