The Firearms Forum banner

Nickel Colt Python

6K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  rip_polaris 
#1 ·
Hi all, I have a question regarding series 2 factory target grips for an early 80's nickel colt python. I have seen many sets and am curious to know if there is any way to tell if they are original or remakes. I have seen some with serial numbers printed on the unfinished side and some without. Does this make a difference? what should I be looking for so I don't pay a premium price for grips that aren't original. I will add a couple of pictures of the ones I'm interested in and would appreciate some opinions. Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
those are indeed factory grips but i think they might of been replacements . most of the modern colt revolvers i've seen had numbers on the inside of the grip printed not stamped. so i suspect someone went and bought a new pair or ordered a new pair and replaced the old ones. check out the colt firearms forum but those grips bring any where between 150.00 to 200.00

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.