Night Sights

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by techoca, Aug 26, 2009.

1. techoca

techoca New Member

Happy Birthday to me.:D

My Wife and Kids bought me a set of Novak Night Sights with Trijicon inserts for my carry gun.

Smith & Wesson 1911ES 108310:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  2. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Those sights are as near perfect for a defensive handgun as you can get. Low profile, anti snag and trit inserts for low light. Very good choice. :)
  3. techoca

techoca New Member

Tranter,

Thank you. I am pleased with the weapon. :D

Maybe in a couple of months my Horseshoe IWB will be ready and my concealed battery will be complete.

techoca
  4. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

It doesnt get any better. That gun, those sights in a Horseshoe holster. Trust me here, you are in company with the best of the best out there.
  5. Doc1911

Doc1911 New Member

Nice looking 1911 - real nice. Novaks are GREAT. :)
  6. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Just as an aside, I see you quoted Col Cooper on your posts. I had the good fortune to know him a little, and shooting with him one time long ago I had a 1911, same type of sights etc. out of a Horseshoe IWB. He asked to look at the gun, clocked the rig and approved. I have a photo of that day someplace.
  7. techoca

techoca New Member

Tranter,
    Must have been an honor.
  8. 40CalJoe

40CalJoe New Member

Trijicons came with my Loaded Springer and I have them on my Glock 22. Will add them to the 23 and 27 soon.
  9. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Well it was techoca. I was very lucky. But at the time, like many things you take it for granted. I met him several times and we had some interesting chats. I was his man in Brasil for a while and he quoted me a couple of times in his Guns & Ammo magazine column. One of the best things was also the people I met through him, and that led to several other interesting situations.

I actually owned a BREN 10 for a while, if that means anything to anyone now days.
  10. techoca

techoca New Member

40CalJoe,

I have a Springfield Loaded with factory installed Novak night sights and a Glock 23 with Trijicon night sights. I insist on night sights in my carry weapons; that is why I put them on this S&W 1911ES as it is my daily companion. The Loaded is my house gun and range toy.:D

techoca