Nighthawk Custom - Heine PDP (and some of the family)

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by Doc1911, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Doc1911

Doc1911 New Member

Perfection. The newest addition is a NHC Heine 5" PDP - Chrome; Adj. NS; 3.25 trigger; ball cuts, flat slide. 500 flawless rds today. Literally 3 boles touching at 25 yards. Hope its twin brother will shoot just as well. Sorry for the pic quality - I will take some more when the rest of the NHC family gets here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

That is one fine looking pistol. As a matter of record they all look pretty darn nice to me. I can only guess that you are pretty much sold on the Night Hawk Custom brand.
  3. Doc1911

Doc1911 New Member

Thanks. I enjoy NHC and Wilson, but lean more toward NHC, as they do some things that Wilson does not.
  4. Doc1911

Doc1911 New Member

Some better photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. techoca

techoca New Member

Doc,
    That is sexy. I love the clean look.

The front strap and mainspring housing treatment is nice. How do you rate it as opposed to your other NHCs with the stippling?

Eddy
  6. Doc1911

Doc1911 New Member

Many thanks:

I think I would rate the textures of scalloping, checkering, and stippling as:

Best grip:

tie between scalloping, checkering
    (however the stippling works just fine in hot weather - but I am not sure concerning use with gloves ... in cold weather locations, thus my rating ...)

Best looking: stippling followed by scalloping. Checking is nice, but ...

I have one more of these coming with scalloping and two more (Dominator's - also they have a 3 hole trigger) coming with checking (total of 3 more ...). Rating them is difficult and I would purchase any of them again ...
  7. techoca

techoca New Member

They all look awesome. I would like to handle each treatment to see what I like. I have only used a checkered gun and I do like it.
  8. Doc1911

Doc1911 New Member

Checkering is awesome as long as it is done correctly. Some companies at times make it a little too aggressive. The one problem I have seen with some checkering is that rust develops after time on the top portions of it. However, I tend to think this is more of a maintenance issue than it is a design issue.
  9. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

I would like to some day acquire the T3 model by NHC or a Wilson CQB. I like both of those models.
  10. Doc1911

Doc1911 New Member

I have both of the above. Wilson also has the Bill Wilson Carry - their answer to the T3. The T3 is a great weapon. I really love the way it conceals.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  11. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Doc, the new pistol needs some breakin. Send it to me along with a couple of cases of ammo and I'll get it done.....no charge. :D:D
  12. Doc1911

Doc1911 New Member

I have already put another 500 rds- flawless. She is broke in, but when you come to Florida I'll let you shoot a few. I'll even supply the ammo - if they still make it. :D
  13. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

When I come to Fl ???
    I just got back from there this morning. :D

When the NHC guys left Wilson, I wondered how well they would do in the business world. Looks like they are doing a great job and building an accurate,reliable product. Good for them.
  14. Doc1911

Doc1911 New Member

Yea, I did not know how they would do either - and then there was the turn over and they lost some of the original bunch. However, I have been purchasing weapons from them for a while. I began with two Predators - 1-5" w/stippling and the other 4.25" bobtail w/stippling. Their work was fantastic and compared to my Wilson's ... well as you can see I keep buying NHC. The best thing about them - besides their weapons, is that they are a great bunch - very honest. If they make a mistake they make it right. While they work hard at not making those mistakes, we all know at times one gets thru - but NHC even pays shipping both ways. I know it sounds hard to believe, but I look at the people at NHC not only as great custom gunsmiths, but as friends as well.

When you make it to Orlando ... call me. We will shoot some real 1911s - just let me know which ones you desire to shoot.