Ninja suited police officers

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by catfish83861, Feb 22, 2007.

?

Black Ninja suited officers

Poll closed Mar 4, 2007.
  1. Just assume they are really police officers do nothing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Assume they are police but ask for proof

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. I don't know who the Hell you are,I'm shooting

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
  4. Wonder ,why they are breaking into your house

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. catfish83861

catfish83861 New Member

First let me say that most of the male members of my family,including myself. Have worked for a police/sheriffs department as a law enforcement officer.Several are or were retired officers.
    My question may raise some fairly vociferous comments but here goes. I live in the country so I am probably less at risk than my friends/associates that survive in major metropolitan areas.
    1) What do you do when some guys in Black Ninja complete with hoods Suits screaming, "Police don't move.",this as they are entering your home at say 0330 hours.
    I have personally assisted with numerous investigations that involved fake cops.One in particular individual used a dash light to stop females at night.Once the female stopped for who she felt was a "Police Officer". She was rapped. I feel that anyone can buy/steal black clothing.Almost anyone with a sewing machine can make a gold star on said shirt. Yelling Police Officer does not make them an officer of the law. I feel that only Uniformed Officers should do the ingress on a warrant.Should the department require the assistance of an "undercover" officer. That can be accomplished after the initial entry is completed. Let him/her use hand signals to point out a particular subject or more.
    Some people I know get right real edgy when someone comes crashing through their doors in the middle of the night. That includes me. catfish
  2. I've had a major problem with those sort of tactics for years, Cat, at least when they are applied in less than emergency situations. Raiding a known meth lab is one thing, raiding a private residence to serve a warrant is quite another. Too often a mistake has been made and an innocent person has been killed in the process.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2007
  3. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

They better have valid ID showing before I start shooting.
  4. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

If I was a criminal, that would be one thing. But KNOWING that there is absolutely NO reason for the police to be breaking and entering my house at 3:30 in the A.M. I would shoot first, and ask questions later. Providing of course, that I was still alive to do so.

On the street, I will ONLY pull over for a marked police car.
    An unmarked will have to follow me to the nearest "VERY public place" or police station.

(very pubic place = right in front of the doors of a King Soopers, Safeway, mall, etc.)
  5. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

A - M E N !!!!!
  6. Lead Lobber

Lead Lobber Former Guest

Marlin T - I think you should be shooting BEFORE they show ID, if you are awakened by armed intruders. Police need to announce their intentions if they have a warrant and wait for a reasonable response, recognizing if it is 04:00, that the inhabitants are probably deep, healthy sleepers.

LL - just my 2 bits worth :)
  7. patrol

patrol New Member

Very good topic, Im a new member here and a 13year Police Officer and I was formerly on a Street Crimes Unit that actually did the kind of search warrants you are speaking of until they made it mandatory to use the Tac Team, this in mind I'll try to respond without sounding too biased.
    The tactical gear used to include "ninja pj's"have their purpose. We do have to have our badge of authority displayed even in this gear and or Police markings in plain view along with our verbal announcement if it's required, in some conditions we dont even have to announce anything but the intell has to suggest severe danger and has to be reliable intell. The whole practice of us doing our job is a catch 22 as it is with a citizen. Most people who arent criminals wouldnt expect cops to bust in their doors in the middle of the night but those who are use the same defense to shoot us therefore measures are taken to insure our safety as well. If you shoot when officers are conducting a authorized search warrant for arrest you will ultimately loose but if they are home invasion thugs it would be justified. It's a dangereous task. The Police impersonators are also a real bad issue that needs to be made a felony when discovered not that it would do a victim any good but would maybe disuade others in future conduct. As for the specific ninja suits impersonators can get regular poly uniforms from galls just as easy so I dont think limiting our safety by taking away more practical shadow and shape concealability BDU's will benefit joe citizen enough to justify the change. If the warrant is simply to arrest a person known to be at the location and no element of surprise is needed such as drug type destruction or other evidence destruction causing a warrant to have to have that element of surprise the other approach that has been used and mostly effective but sometimes deadly for us is a contact before coming in. Very dangereous and I have seen officers shot using this method more than the method this whole thread is about. Im a citizen also and I agree with you to a point especially your right to protect your home and family as I would do the same but if real police have enough PC to execute such a warrant either for apprehension of known dangereous subjects or to prevent destruction of evidence the threats towards the police during such process will be met with equal violence to stop the threat to their lives as well. Your door exploding in the midle of the night while many armed men come in yelling "Police, search warrant get on the ground now" I dont think your noticing their poly uniform with pretty shinny shoes and a stetson hat or campaign cover is going to have anything to do with wheter or not you fetch a gun or do as your told. Good thread though
    Last edited: May 19, 2007