NJ court and searches one for the judge

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by satellite66, Sep 26, 2006.

1. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

N.J. court tells police limits on car searches don't apply to homes

Thursday, September 21, 2006
    BY ROBERT SCHWANEBERG
    Star-Ledger Staff

(excerpt)

In New Jersey, one's home is not one's castle after all. The real castle, it turns out, is the car.

The New Jersey Supreme Court ruled 4-3 yesterday that police do not need a reason to ask permission to search someone's home.

The same court four years ago issued rules saying police must have a good reason before asking motorists if they can search their cars.

Read more
  2. Smoky14

Smoky14 Member

Who says the law ain't strange.

Smoky the confused
  3. Smoky14

Smoky14 Member

Anyone who gives permission to search isn't thinking, THEY CAN'T FIND IF THEY CAN'T LOOK!!!

Smoky 2cents
  4. Red Neck64

Red Neck64 Former Guest

Yes indeed, New Jersey is becoming a police State,for the actions of a few in the City's all must pay.New Jersey State Troopers remind me of Hitlers SS Troopers when I drive down to Atlantic City.I was driving back to New York State some years back,on NJ RT17 with NRA stickers on the tailgate of my truck and I was stopped.The Police thought I was carrying guns,so I let them look over my truck and they let me go.Another 5or6 miles up 17 in Paramous NJ the Paramous Police stopped me,thinking the other cops may have overlooked something.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2006
  5. armabill

armabill Member

That's why I don't go to New Jersey.
  6. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

If you tell a cop no you can't search my truck or home that is his probabile cause and then he has his reason to search you
    Da#^% if you do Da#$$ if you don't
  7. Vermonter

Vermonter New Member

Accuse me of "schadenfreude" if you must, but I used to live in New Jersey and thank the powers above I left. All the bs you have to go through to purchase a firearm, all the rules and regs, and now this!