No 1 mk 3 enfield

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

mauserman454
    (5/8/02 5:29:50 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All No 1 mk 3 enfield
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have had a n01 mk. 3 enfield for quite some time now, but the dang thing shoots a mile high. Anyone know where I can get a higher front sight from? Gunparts website just lists them as front sight blade, but doesn't tell the height. I have had a lot of mausers with this problem and have a few higher sights that I put on, works every time....

Also any one know what the SOG no1 mk 3's they are offering now are like? I purchased mine a few years ago from SOG, and was a little dissapointed it came thru as a 1970 ishaphore.
    I would like an early British manufacture.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/8/02 8:12:21 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: No 1 mk 3 enfield
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have gotten 7 of the No. 1 Mk III rifles from SOG over the past year. Most have been 1917 and 1918 vintage BSA, SSA, and Enfields. The most recent of the group was a 1928 Ishapore. Most of them have required some serious elbow work cleaning, refinishing stocks, etc., but they are in overall good to very good condition.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/8/02 8:43:12 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: No 1 mk 3 enfield
    Last I got was 1916 BSA. Took two days to make it look halfway right again.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (5/8/02 9:17:17 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Pick up one just a few months back. It was a 1918 SSA. As stated in the above two post, it also took lots of cleaning to make it look nice. When all is said and done, I was very happy with my purchase.

The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

mauserman454
    (5/9/02 6:59:50 am)
    How were the bores in the ones you guys bought? They only had corrosive ammo back then.... My 1970 Ishapore has a perfect bore, I don't think they used corrosive ammo, or if they did, they cleaned it well.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/9/02 7:27:34 am)
    The bores on mine have taken some serious soaking and scrubbing, but they have strong rifling with a bit of pitting and dark between the lands - not bad, but not excellent.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (5/9/02 6:51:50 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Sounds just like the bore on mine.

The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

obelix2
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/27/02 9:23:25 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del could be wrong,\
    but don't you need a LOWER front sight, which would be a heck of a lot easier?

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/28/02 8:00:39 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: could be wrong,\
    A lower front sight would make it shoot higher. A higher front site would make it shoot lower.

If you can't find a new front sight, you can weld a bead on top (higher than you need), file it down 'till it's "on target" and either cold-blue it, or paint it black.