No Carry permit needed

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by redwing carson, Feb 25, 2011.

1. redwing carson

redwing carson Former Guest

The Wyoming House today passed the right to carry concealed weapons with out a state issued permit. Any citizen in Wyoming 21 years of age can carry a concealed weapon without a permit. Open carry has always been legal. Wyoming has a very liberal permit system for those traveling out of state. The problem arose when open carry guns were covered up by winter gear. Now that is fixed.

RC
  2. Juker

Juker New Member

Always good to hear that there are state legislatures whose heads aren't up their posteriors!
  3. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrats on that one. Good news!
  4. glens67

glens67 Well-Known Member

Hey Idaho is doing that now.
    As of President’s Day, the Idaho Senate had introduced Senate Bill 1126 and assigned it to the State Affairs Committee. Commonly known as Permitless Carry legislation, this bill would amend the existing concealed carry law to allow law-abiding Idahoans to carry a concealed firearm without the burdensome requirement of acquiring an Idaho carry permit. The approval of this pivotal legislation would bode well for law-abiding citizens of Idaho who wish to protect not only themselves but family and friends alike.

Glen
  5. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

alright
  6. springerbuster

springerbuster Member

What does the law say about non residents traveling through Idaho or Wyoming? Just curious?
  7. Bodyguard

Bodyguard New Member

Kentucky also has a similar law going through the process. It's a great idea but if all the currently reciprocating states don't change something, we who can carry in our own state would no longer have a permit to carry for others to acknowledge. Kentucky recognizes this problem though and if the new law passes it will still issue permits to those of us who wish to have one. I, for one, will continue to renew mine.
    BG
  8. wyoredot

wyoredot New Member

Even though I'm a former resident, I did put in a vote for this on behalf of my friends that need this. CONGRATS! I got the message today. I hope Montana will step up and the other states around us. Needs to be nation wide in my opinion. Keep up the good fight !!!
  9. New Guy

New Guy New Member

I need to move the hell out of Illinois.
  10. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Been that way in Alaska, good many years. Everybody has sidearms in Ak, many places no law enforcement, and it is quite acceptable to walk in the local school with pistol on the belt. State police were having problems enforcing gun laws anyway. Once the populace begins to ignore gun laws anyway; they have to change them. One thing the politicals don't want is the people to not voluntarily obey the laws they institute; scares them bad. They have to have voluntary compliance for everything to go smooth.
  11. Rooster Cogburn

Rooster Cogburn New Member

Lived in NJ for so many years and didn't even bother trying to get a pistol permit (hell, you even needed a permit for a BB gun). Moved to NC and within a year I had my CCW.
  12. redwing carson

This would not have happened with out the NRA and WGO[Wyoming Gun Owners]. These were the only two Orgs. fighting for our rights. It sure caused heart burn when some of the other so called gun rights out fits used this issue to get money. They however did zip for our cause.

RC
  13. glens67

glens67 Well-Known Member

This is what I found in the Idaho Bill

A valid permit or license issued in another state will
    only be considered valid in this state if the permit is in the
    permittee's or licensee's physical possession.

Glen
  14. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    That's pretty cool, a bit more apprehension for the police at a traffic stop, but pretty good just the same. I'm wondering how long it will take California to legalize concealed carry?:cool::cool::D:D:D:D:D TJ
  15. redwing carson

The most vocal group against the right to carry was the Anti-Gun FOP. In this state most everyone carries a gun while traveling. Open carry and concealed and loaded in the car or truck has always been legal. [no change here] It really does not change things all that much. I like the fact that when wearing coats that cover up your open carry, it will no longer be a problem.

DK