No Carry permit needed

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by redwing carson, Feb 25, 2011.

1. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I can understand the problems in Alaska with no way to enforce gun laws there. The last I heard there were only around 400 State Troupers in the whole state, is that right?
  2. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

I'm not sure about the numbers. We live along the Yukon, rural community of 100 Whites & 30 Indians; 200 miles from nearest town or state police; and our road is closed half the year; 20 foot of snow on road on summits. I actually like the road being closed, even though you have to spend nearly $400 to fly into Fairbanks on a bush plane.

We have a local Indian Village Cop, VPSO; but he never arrests anybody; somewhat a rule in itself here. Our VPSO has been community member for over 30 years and well liked, never ever would even think about enforcing many laws that are bread & butter for revenue enhancement most places. VPSO has a drunk tank at his office in the Indian Village. Indians have an alcohol problem but are other than that; I'd rather be around those guys over the rural Whites as the Indians really don't believe they are under any govt, state or fed and ignore their laws. We could learn a little from those backward Natives. Ya, our VPSO takes keys off people rather than locking them up, helps elders get firewood, and generally is in charge and everybody values his judgment & leadership; boy I'd hate to lose him, be awful hard getting another as good.

We don't have an organized local govt here, so no taxes, or regulations and no need for cops to tell everybody they are getting fined. So much more freedom and locals are forced to settle their own disputes, not call the cops all the time on each other.

You really got to work at it to get the state boys to fly in to get ya. They have put a trooper in some of the larger, crazier Indian Villages, but they don't last. They start believing & acting like they are there to enforce the law and licenses and plates and speed limits and alcohol laws and just everything you can imagine. Once they send 3-4 locals off to jail, the village leadership turns on them and they are gone pretty quick.

Sorry to go on, but it sure is nice not having any real law enforcement to think about. If we had a real cop here, pretty quick the idiots would be demanding laws to keep the cop busy and all, well you get the idea. People tell me, you live there cause no taxes, or no cell towers, or no regulations, or you are paranoid or whatever. I like not having no law enforcement more than anything. That means everybody thinks they run the show and everybody else tells them to shove it, they don't care what they think; and it works. No crime, everybody is armed for bear in warmer weather, and hasn't been a murder for over 30 years and that guy was drowned by his drunk buddies.

There are places though, where there still is freedom.
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I watch the show on TV, History Chanel I think, "Alaska State Troupers". It was on this show that I heard about how few of these folks y'all have up there. And I also know about the VPSO's from this source. The more I learn about this state, the more I like! Y'all got room for a cajun like me?
  4. muddober

muddober Active Member

Zhurh, I am curious do you live in Alaska or Canada? Also what do most people do there for a living? If I have been too personal I apologize?

Ron
  5. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

The oil industry sends people from Louisiana all the time. Years back, I worked for Era Aviation and we had Lake Charles connection. We even had a guy here, called Louisiana John for quite a few years. He was nuts but harmless, but beat the heck outta many locals that got in his face. He wasn't a bad guy, avoided trouble, ect. I remember one musher gave him a team of old dogs, and he ate half of them over the winter, had the town talking; ha. Then after about 10 years old John went off the deep end and wanted to go back to Louisiana. Apparently, John had hid out in Alaska from some crime in Louisiana. He called them up down there to turn himself in, face his crimes, go to jail and all;;;; and they told him not to call no more, ha ha. They said if he didn't come back, they weren't going to come here looking for him; but if he continued to bother them; he'd wish he hadn't. True story.

Wife and I have our teaching certifications, can pretty much go anywheres and find something to do. It's pretty tough to live off the land just the same. We have taught in several Indian Villages and in the MatSu. Been here over a dozen years, and somewhat hard to leave for any reason. We like living the going back in time lifestyle; or that's how it seems to us.

Look on the map, where the Yukon comes in from Canada, we are 4 miles from the border. Cold country, 30 below tonight they say, and we have a summer road open 6 months a year to get supplies in. Summers are 80 degrees and 24 hr sunshine.

Probably places all over the country that still retain their freedom, way out in the mnts. We never had countys here, so many rural areas lack organized local govt, and the people keep it that way. No govt, no need for regulations & laws & control & taxes. I'd find it quite difficult living in any urban area, probably be locked up within days of moving there for something quite normal here; but that will never happen, staying put.
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

im jealous...
  7. al45lc

al45lc New Member

Although good, the problem is how to carry in another state that only recognizes your PERMIT to carry concealed. No permit, no carry in states that used to have reciprocity.
  8. redwing carson

redwing carson Former Guest

The states that allow permitless carry is limited to the state only. Alaska, Arizonia, Wyoming will still have permits for anyone wanting one. They will still be able to carry in any other friendly state. The permitless rule applies to anyone who believes that it is their right to carry in their home state with out trng, or buying permits, or being indentified as a permit holder by the police.

RC
  9. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

It's good to see so many states moving closer to freedom for the common citizen.

As for reciprocity, some states will let an out of state person obtain a permit from them without being a resident. Before Michigan's Shall Issue law, some folks would get a Florida permit because Florida had reciprocity. From what I recall, you did not even have to visit Florida to get the licence. However, you did have to pay a fee for the licence! (a state's got to make a buck, I guess).
  10. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

That's great news to hear, Redwing! They're talking about doing the same thing in Colorado, but there are way too many liberals in Denver to let that happen.

Just by-the-way, my wife had her checkbook with driver's license and CCW card stolen from just about under her nose last Saturday while grocery shopping. She couldn't run faster than the thief to catch her. Clean, well dressed lady, blonde, white sweater and slacks in her late 30s. The security guard (?!!!) at the door said he couldn't stop her legally. That would have violated HER rights........

The thing that REEKED was replacing the license and cancelling out her bank account and two measly little low limit credit cards. The thief didn't even score any cash - the wife was going to pay with a check. Now we also have to jump thru hoops to get a duplicate CCW card.
  11. hunterfisher

hunterfisher New Member

If I'm not mistaken, just this past week, South Carolina, voted that no permit necessary for conceald carry.
  12. Country101

Country101 Active Member

Jim, The sad fact is he was probably right in not stopping her. Security only has the same rights as private citizens, but gets held to cop standards. I dont actually think stealing the purse would be considered a felony, unless she had over $500 on her and there was no way for him to know that. And if it's not a felony, we cant do crap, basically. Though he could have probably "detained" her..... It's kind of a slippery slope for security, from my prospective. Our state training really leaves you wondering about whether you should do something or not. And yet, if you DONT do things, you can still be held liable for that as well, criminally and civilly.

I hope nothing ever goes down at the nuke plant, or they will probably hang us out to dry, regardless of what we do, if it will save them a $.....
  13. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

I agree that the Security Guard had to act the way he did. Not always right, but I guess maybe sometimes you gotta let the thief go. Heck, they can't really do anything if they see the theft, even store property. A couple of Wally Mart Security Guards got fired for stopping a thief from leaving the store recently.

Back to the CCW Laws, I hope that more States enact conceal carry w/o permits, but most States wouldn't give up the extra money. Besides, I'm starting to think that they like making honest people squirm. Crooks don't bother with things like that.
  14. redwing carson

redwing carson Former Guest

JB sure hate to hear of things like this. A fellow who works at Walmart told me that Walmart chooses to ignore shop lifters. If they see some one stealing it is cheaper to let them walk. Walmart just adds more to the paying cutomers bills to pay for the loss.

The Wyoming congressman from my district {NRA LIFE, NRA Certified Handgun Inst. Hunter Safetey Inst.} called this AM to let me know the Permitless Carry bill was signed at 1:30 PM Mtn Time in Cheyenne. Our new Gov. Mat Meade{NRA Life, gun collector, big gamr hunter} signed the bill into law. NRA and WGO members got this passed with a veto proof vote in the house. We did not get help from any of the other gun rights groups. They did use the issue to collect money and fill their pockets. Damn that makes real gun rights folks have heart burn. Join and support the NRA.

RC
  15. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

I'm all for it but I'm not holding my breath. I don't expect I'll live to see it.