No Carry permit needed

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by redwing carson, Feb 25, 2011.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

im jealous...
  2. al45lc

al45lc New Member

Although good, the problem is how to carry in another state that only recognizes your PERMIT to carry concealed. No permit, no carry in states that used to have reciprocity.
  3. redwing carson

redwing carson Former Guest

The states that allow permitless carry is limited to the state only. Alaska, Arizonia, Wyoming will still have permits for anyone wanting one. They will still be able to carry in any other friendly state. The permitless rule applies to anyone who believes that it is their right to carry in their home state with out trng, or buying permits, or being indentified as a permit holder by the police.

RC
  4. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

It's good to see so many states moving closer to freedom for the common citizen.

As for reciprocity, some states will let an out of state person obtain a permit from them without being a resident. Before Michigan's Shall Issue law, some folks would get a Florida permit because Florida had reciprocity. From what I recall, you did not even have to visit Florida to get the licence. However, you did have to pay a fee for the licence! (a state's got to make a buck, I guess).
  5. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

That's great news to hear, Redwing! They're talking about doing the same thing in Colorado, but there are way too many liberals in Denver to let that happen.

Just by-the-way, my wife had her checkbook with driver's license and CCW card stolen from just about under her nose last Saturday while grocery shopping. She couldn't run faster than the thief to catch her. Clean, well dressed lady, blonde, white sweater and slacks in her late 30s. The security guard (?!!!) at the door said he couldn't stop her legally. That would have violated HER rights........

The thing that REEKED was replacing the license and cancelling out her bank account and two measly little low limit credit cards. The thief didn't even score any cash - the wife was going to pay with a check. Now we also have to jump thru hoops to get a duplicate CCW card.
  6. hunterfisher

hunterfisher New Member

If I'm not mistaken, just this past week, South Carolina, voted that no permit necessary for conceald carry.
  7. Country101

Country101 Active Member

Jim, The sad fact is he was probably right in not stopping her. Security only has the same rights as private citizens, but gets held to cop standards. I dont actually think stealing the purse would be considered a felony, unless she had over $500 on her and there was no way for him to know that. And if it's not a felony, we cant do crap, basically. Though he could have probably "detained" her..... It's kind of a slippery slope for security, from my prospective. Our state training really leaves you wondering about whether you should do something or not. And yet, if you DONT do things, you can still be held liable for that as well, criminally and civilly.

I hope nothing ever goes down at the nuke plant, or they will probably hang us out to dry, regardless of what we do, if it will save them a $.....
  8. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

I agree that the Security Guard had to act the way he did. Not always right, but I guess maybe sometimes you gotta let the thief go. Heck, they can't really do anything if they see the theft, even store property. A couple of Wally Mart Security Guards got fired for stopping a thief from leaving the store recently.

Back to the CCW Laws, I hope that more States enact conceal carry w/o permits, but most States wouldn't give up the extra money. Besides, I'm starting to think that they like making honest people squirm. Crooks don't bother with things like that.
  9. redwing carson

JB sure hate to hear of things like this. A fellow who works at Walmart told me that Walmart chooses to ignore shop lifters. If they see some one stealing it is cheaper to let them walk. Walmart just adds more to the paying cutomers bills to pay for the loss.

The Wyoming congressman from my district {NRA LIFE, NRA Certified Handgun Inst. Hunter Safetey Inst.} called this AM to let me know the Permitless Carry bill was signed at 1:30 PM Mtn Time in Cheyenne. Our new Gov. Mat Meade{NRA Life, gun collector, big gamr hunter} signed the bill into law. NRA and WGO members got this passed with a veto proof vote in the house. We did not get help from any of the other gun rights groups. They did use the issue to collect money and fill their pockets. Damn that makes real gun rights folks have heart burn. Join and support the NRA.

RC
  10. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

I'm all for it but I'm not holding my breath. I don't expect I'll live to see it.
  11. Yosemite

Yosemite New Member

According to handgunlaw.us, Wyoming will not honor Nevada CCW,s.
  12. redwing carson

Nevada does not allow Wyoming CCLs. Any state that does not allow our permits we do not allow theirs. Nevada does not allow their next door neighbors in Utah the right to carry. Nevada also has cities such as Boulder, and North Vegas which does not allow Nevada permits in their own state.

RC
  13. American Leader

American Leader Active Member

Congrats to everyone getting better gun laws, and prayers to those that need them. We in Iowa just got "shall issue" which is much better than what we had because you can't be turned down now except for specific legal reasons. We also have reciprocity now, and that really helps me because I have to travel for business frequently.
  14. redwing carson

I read some where that Iowa was working on a Permitless Carry. Not So?? good luck:)

RC
  15. deen_ad

deen_ad New Member

As Charles W. Cox, NRA-ILA Executive Director said in the Sept, 2010 issue of America's 1st Freedom magazine
    8 US Presidents have been NRA members
    80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

Deen
    NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
    Washington Arms Collector member
    Arms Collectors of South West Washington member