NO CIGG'S in over a Month staing with my New Years Resolution Anyone else still doing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Capt Mac Turk, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Capt Mac Turk

Capt Mac Turk New Member

So Fla-- NO place to Shoot AKA "TFF" Posting Clo
    My New Years Resolution was to STOP smoking cigarettes!!!

My last one was new years eve, Went cold turkey was tuff first 2 weeks but tp be honest now,,, I dont even miss them.

Marys still smoking so its been alittle tuff when she is but (I WANT IT) Do I feel better yea I guess.

I figured it out over January I saved over $150.00
    The Ammo funds are doing Much better!!!!! LOL

Momma dont know it yet but that jars "My Ammo fund"
    I'm SURE she's got something Other than ammo in mind for it though.

I think the one BAD thing about this is its hurting my
    "Not eating--Trying 2 lose weight" I ate the first 2 weeks pretty much more than I should of.
    Mostly salids & light dressing I mix tuna in it sometimes :rolleyes:

LOL BRISKS what was for Breakfast? threads I gotta stay away from!
    My mouth starts watering & hunger pains start setting in

I AM over 30 lbs down since mid December tho :D
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Re: NO CIGG'S in over a Month staing with my New Years Resolution Anyone else still d

mines not giving up smoking , but working on it still.. ;)

though i am considering stopping smoking , mainly due to costs

and i could get a grand or more for my cigars alone
  3. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

Re: NO CIGG'S in over a Month staing with my New Years Resolution Anyone else still d

Congratulations, quitting smoking is a giant step towards a longer and healthier life.
  4. USNative

USNative New Member

Good for you and I hope you make it. I quit cold turkey for about 3 months back in 2010 but we had some stressful events come up that we had to deal with and I ended up lighting up again, I wish I hadn't but I did.:(

Maybe someday I will give it a try again. They say that each time you quit and start back it makes it that much harder to quit again. Man , I would give anything to be able to quit em' for good and I hope to do that but not sure when I will be totally ready. It's not easy I can tell ya'. Easier for some than others though.
  5. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

Congrats Capt.! I quit over 25 years ago and it was the best thing I ever did. You're gonna have to be a little more creative to keep Mary's mitts off the money though? Women naturally gravitate to that stuff. Maybe you can convince her that shootin is better for YOUR health than smoking? Good Luck and keep up the good work!
  6. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Good idea to quit smoking cigarettes, I never really liked them anyway.

But I do smoke cigars (DO NOT INHALE!) but always smoke outside, if it's too cold to go out I don't smoke and don't really miss it that much.

I can go a few months no problem....wait until MLB season. ;)
  7. Capt Mac Turk

Capt Mac Turk New Member

My Old man smoked Pall Mall's (Non filters) ever since I can remember
    I guess about 3-4 years before he Passed Doctors said

Mac your Not gonna get to see your grandkids grow up unless you stop smoking.

That one line did it he told me I put them down & I'll never pick them back up again!

Cold Turkey! ~~ I figured I'm a product of HIM if he could do it I can do it!

So far So Good

Thanks all
    I truly beleave hanging out here, with the support of other's around here helping me with losing weight & DOING it with me!

IS KEY to how I'm able to do it! I love this Place! :D
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  8. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

Stay with it CMT ! As a 50-year smoker I can tell you the future is bleak ! >MW
  9. Rogo

Rogo New Member

On October 29, 2010 while undergoing surgery for removal of cancer on my right kidney I stopped breathing. Fortunately for me the Doctors were able to get me going again. That was the last day I had a cigarette. I know the Lord was there for me and after smoking for 57 years I figured I better not push my luck any further. This was my second surgery for Cancer removal. Left kidney last time.
    I can now breath, walk and even jog a little now and then. I had urges for awhile to light up but resisted and now it does not bother me at all. Problem is food smells and tastes a lot better. Now on a diet to get rid of about 30 extra pounds.
    If anyone can do it I receommend you quit ASAP.

Rogo
  10. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Wasn't a New Year's res, but the wife decided to quit Dec 1. I said, OK. We are "both" still smoke free.
    Lets not talk about weight right now. ;)
  11. Slabsides

Slabsides Member

I'm with ya! My last smoke was 03 Dec 2011. I used the patch. I'm on the lowest and final step now. 2 More weeks and I'll be completely done with the program!

I think I have it beat now, I go days without even thinking about it and if I do, my only thought is that I'm glad I don't smoke any more. My sense of smell and taste has gotten better and I don't get winded walking up stairs as easy now. I hope I can stay quit this time.
  12. Capt Mac Turk

Capt Mac Turk New Member

I kinda see a differance in so far as not getting "Winded" so fast.

I KNOW it was the right thing to do & truly it was easyer than I thought!

Thats Not to say it was Easy ~~~~~~ just seemed like it to me.

Slab keep @ it Bro its right there with-in reach!

Pickinup -- Bravo:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

ROGO----Thats why I decided to stop I could kinda here the voices.
    I'm with ya on the FOOD tastes better, But allways seems to need Salt. :dontknow:

Millwright--I started @ 11 when my Mom passed (Sneeking Pop's Pall Mall's):bleh:
    I smoked Camel (filters)& Camel Lights for over 40 years.

US native--If you done it once,, you CAN do it AGAIN! :thumbsup:

MJP--I used to smoke them myself for awhile but allways went back 2 the butts.

I'm doing it because, I hope to see Ashley Graduate & some day walk her down the Isle. :eek: :D :eek:
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  13. hardball1962

hardball1962 New Member

I quit 12 years ago, yes I gained weight, food just taste better. I was diaognosed with COPD 2 years ago, guess I should have quit twenty years sooner. Stay strong, you can do it.
  14. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The expiration date for Resolutions is February 1st. To late, maybe next year.
  15. brad87

brad87 Former Guest

Not trying to get y'all to keep smoking, but if you want to do so, why not roll your own?

Seriously...my wife and I have been rolling our own FILTERED smokes for probably 5 years now. I pay somewhere under $1.50 a pack

1 cartons worth of tubes = $3.00
    ~2 cartons of tobacco = $17.00

Takes me about five minutes to roll an entire pack, less time than it would take me to go to the gas station and back.

On a forum where a good portion of the population actively reloads ammo, and not one of ya's reloads your own smokes? Mind = blown.

Not only is it cheaper for me to smoke this way, I actually smoke less because I have to make them for myself. And sometimes I really just don't feel like getting off the couch.

/Edit: Gratz on the quitting, btw. Not an easy thing to do, and it is definitely something to be proud of.
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012