1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

No Commencement Prayer

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by satellite66, May 6, 2006.

1. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

I read this on another site and had to share it.

NO Commencement Prayer?

They walked in tandem, each of the ninety-two students filing into the already crowded auditorium. With rich maroon gowns flowing and the traditional caps, they looked almost as grown up as they felt.

Dads swallowed hard behind broad smiles, and Moms freely brushed away tears.

This class would not pray during the commencements ----- not by choice but because of a recent court ruling prohibiting it.

The principal and several students were careful to stay within the guidelines allowed by the ruling. They gave inspirational and challenging speeches, but no one mentioned divine guidance and no one asked for blessings on the graduates or their families.

The speeches were nice, but they were routine......until the final speech received a standing ovation.

A solitary student walked proudly to the microphone. He stood still and silent for just a moment, and then, it happened. All 92 students, every single one of them, suddenly SNEEZED!!!!

The student on stage simply looked at the audience and said, " GOD BLESS YOU, each and every one of you!" And he walked off stage...

The audience exploded into applause.
  2. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Now that is a great story. I really hope that it is true!!!!!!!

These are the future of the USA, and yes God bless them.
  3. Bernie109

Bernie109 Former Guest

"You worship me with your lips but your hearts are far from me" Sayeth the lord. Why bother with this lip service? How many teens are unwed mothers in this class? How many have had abortions? How many use drugs or go drinking? If we are not going to obey the word of God, why pay lip service?
  4. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

That is a awesome story
  5. meandmy45s

meandmy45s New Member

Nice story...whether it is true or not.
  6. Green

Green New Member

Just like our forefathers wanted. Separation of church and state!
  7. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Marlin T, the rules say no personal attacks. So green all I have to say is post the entire statment of one of the founding fathers that says that there should be a seperation of church and state. In full context.

But lile last time, I have hope in you that once again you will fail in a simple defence of your position.

clues troll
  8. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I'm not aware of ANYONE stating anything alluding to SEPARATION of Church and State, especially of the founding fathers.

There are many, many allusions to not having a federally dictated specific religion as England had, however.
  9. Green

Green New Member

I do believe you should do a little bit of reading. You guys are like the teeny-bopper graduating HS. and asking for a good job. Look it up. Work for it.If you don't come up with anything, (perhaps)i'll help ya. Jeeezzzzzzz! With all the education here it shouldn't be all that hard. As a starter,The Constitution has NO mention of God or religion. Just one more for now.

"The number,the industry,and the morality of the priesthood,& the devotion of the people have been manifestly increased by the total separation of Church from State".- James Madison,
    Father of the Constitution
  10. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;
    or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
  11. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

;) right on brotha. :cool:
  12. Bernie109

Bernie109 Former Guest

While the founding Fathers did not specify what the faith of the people should be, they did make statements on what kind of people the nation should consist of.

John Adams warned "The Constitution was written for a moral God fearing people. It is wholly inadaquate for the governemnt of any other"

George Washington warned "Do not think that you can have national morality apart from religious principle"

George Washington also said "Let no man call himself an American who would dare subvert the word of God".

Thomas Payne was the nations first militant Athiest. He wanted the Constitution to outlaw all religion and have America as a "God free zone"
    Ben Franklin, who was not what one would call Faithful talked Thomas Payne out of it. Ben Franklin declared "The only thing more terrifying than what man is capable of in the guise of religion is what he is capaple of when totally free from religion."

The Church should not have political power, it should be the conscience of the State. When government becomes so arrogant that it belives it can declare what God calls wrong as right and what God commands as right to be wrong, that government has signed its death warrant.
  13. Green

Green New Member

I agree Bernie. Our Forefathers were for the most part good God fearing men. With a deep sense morality and love of country. One reason they left England was for freedom of religion. They were very careful not to create another 'Church of England'. Thomas Jefferson was another who believed in the separation of church and state. The religious right has been trying to force it's doctrin on all those of faith,or not of. As much as I am not a fan of the IRS, I have to give them credit (somewhat)for cracking down on these (tax exempt) churches and charities that preach politics from the pulpit. They tread dangerous ground. Keep religion out of Government and keep the governments nose out the church.It is a good way to lose our religious freedom.And I am not a fan of my tax dollars being spent on school vouchers either. I am not a scholar of the bible but I believe somewhere in Mathew,Jesus says to pray in the closet.
  14. Green

Green New Member

Placing the Ten Commandments (or any religious symbol etc.)on Gov. or State tax payer property is "establishing religion". On your own (private) property,that is the "free exercise thereof".
  15. Bernie109

Bernie109 Former Guest

WHiel Governemnt is not to establish an official Church, it IS to aknowlege that God is soverign. "There is no government that does not come from God"
    Sayeth the Lord. While there should be no official state church, government is not to declare as right what God declares wrong. When government does that (Homosexual rights, abortion rights, same sex marriage) That government is a write off. When government declares that is is not bound to God and that it is not in power by the Grace of God, that government is inviting judgement.